Saurabh Gadgil in 2015
|Chief Managing Director & Chairman of P N Gadgil Jewellers.|
|Vice President of India Bullion & Jewellers Association|
22 July 2015 – Incumbent
|Born||9 May 1977|
|Spouse(s)||Radhika Gadgil (m. 2000)|
|Parents||Vidyadhar Gadgil (father) and Vaishali Gadgil (mother)|
|Relatives||Late Anant "Dajikaka" Gadgil (grandfather)|
|Residence||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
Saurabh Gadgil (born 9 May 1977) is an Indian businessman and Chairman and Managing Director of PNG Jewellers. Gadgil is the grandson of P N Gadgil Jewellers founder Late Shri Anant ’Dajikaka’ Gadgil. Gadgil has been credited for transforming the family business into a well-recognized international brand with its footprint across India, the United Arab Emirates as well as the United States of America.
Saurabh Gadgil is the Vice President (VP) of India Bullion & Jewellers Association Ltd. (IBJA) for the West Zone.
Saurabh was born on 9 May 1977,[self-published source] into the entrepreneurial, aristocratic, Chitpavan brahmin family of jeweler-businessman Vidyadhar Gadgil and Vaishali Gadgil. Gadgil's grandfather, Late Shri Anant ’Dajikaka’ Gadgil founded the Pune branch of P N Gadgil Jewellers in 1958. Gadgil also has one sister.
He was educated St. Vincent's High School in Pune which he graduated in 1993 as valedictorian. He then finished his baccalaureate degree from Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce. He was awarded an MBA in Foreign Trade[self-published source] by the Symbiosis Institute of Management. He later received an executive MBA from Harvard Business School.[self-published source] Being a chess player since his youth, he has been a champion at many chess competitions, as well as finishing second at a national championship. Gadgil has said that he is a passionate reader with "eclectic tastes, besides being a movie and travel buff."
After Dajikaka’s death in 2014 at the age of 99, Gadgil launched nine new stores in nine months as a tribute to his grandfather. He also pioneered brand collaborations with actor Salman Khan and featured his company's designs in many films in Bollywood, such as: Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, Bajrangi Bhaijaan as well as Dilwale. Under Gadgil, PNG Jewellers has also launched TIMELESS Collection by Madhuri Dixit. Gadgil also pioneered the concept of a boutique store which was launched at the JW Marriott in Pune. Gadgil is also the Director of Style Quotient Jewellery Pvt. Ltd. (SQJPL).[self-published source]
Being Human, a brand founded by actor Salman Khan, launched ‘Being Human Jewellery’ on 30 September 2016 with P N Gadgil. Style Quotient Jewellery Pvt Ltd (SQPL), sister company of PNG Jewellers is the global licensee of ‘Being Human Jewellery’. SQJPL also launched the Bajrangi Bhaijaan pendant, which was worn throughout the movie by Salman Khan and had record sales at their stores. The pendant was an overnight sensation and the demand outnumbered the supply.
Saurabh tied up with fashion designer Tarun Tahiliani to design silver ornaments with plans to grow this new business venture under the Silvostyle brand.
Saurabh Gadgil has been a part of various charitable activities throughout his career. PNG Jewellers organized its first Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives on the occasion of 2nd anniversary of its Hadapsar, Pune Branch.[self-published source] PNG Jewellers decided to support a female athlete (boxer) from the Mary Kom foundation, where Gadgil has supported the talent financially for a one-year training program.[self-published source] Gadgil launched the "SWA - Skills with Answers" training program which facilitates overall development of adolescents with the help of life skills for students of 7th - 10th grade from Dajikaka Gadgil Second Home English Medium school, Taljai.[self-published source] Gadgil organized the Shilim Development Project in collaboration with Adiwasi Vikas Prabodhini under its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Initiatives.[self-published source] Gadgil set up E-Learning in four zila parishad schools namely Shilim Gavthan Primary School, Shindewadi Z P school, Wagheshwar Z P school & Dyaneshwar Vidya Niketan, Ajiwali.[self-published source]
On the occasion of Gadgil’s birthday on 9 May 2016, PNG Jewellers supported 9 under privileged children from a Pune-based organization named Eklavya Bal Shikshan and Arogya nyasa for their yearly Educational expenditure.
Awards and certifications
Awards and Honors awarded to Gadgil:
|Best Retailer Of the Year||CMO Asia Awards For Retail Excellence[self-published source]||2016|
|Shivshakti Award 2016||Bharat Mitra Mandal, Mahashivratra Utsav trust[self-published source]||2016|
|India's Best SMEs (small and medium enterprises) 2016||SKOCH ORDER OF MERIT, Skoch Group, New Delhi.[self-published source]||2016|
|Jewellery Retailer of the Year, Indian Retail Awards 2016||Franchise India & Times Now||2016|
|Most Admired CEO of the Year 2016||DNA - National GEMS & JEWELLERY Summit & Awards||2016|
|Retailer of the Gems & Jewellery Industry of India - Year 2016||Jewel Trendz TM||2016|
|12th Retail Jeweller India Awards 2016 - Platinum Jewellery of the Year||GEMFIELD[self-published source]||2016|
- ‘IT award 2010’ in the Multimedia, Entertainment & Gaming category, by Maharashtra Government, through the hands of the Chief Minister of Maharashtra Mr. Prithviraj Chavan.[self-published source]
- ‘Sarathi IT Award’ for Development of Business through implementation of IT by Sarathi Foundation.[self-published source]
- ‘VERA Young Achievers Award’ by Rotary Club of Pune Midtown, for vocational excellence and high ethical standards in business through the hands of Mr. Dilip Walse-Patil, President Legislative Assembly, Maharashtra State.[self-published source]
- Society Icon of the Year 2016 by Society magazine.[self-published source]
- "Gadgil Jewellers 179-year-old journey from footpath to international showrooms | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". dna. 2011-09-11. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- "Saurabh Gadgil appointed as the Vice President of India Bullion & Jewellers Association (IBJA)". www.retailjewellerindia.com. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- "Saurabh Gadgil Bio". Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- "Businessmen". kokanastha.com.
- "Saurabh Gadgil". Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- "P N Gadgil Jewellers founder 'Dajikaka' dead". The Indian Express. 2014-01-11. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- "Salmaan Khan Unveiled New Logo of PNG Jewellers | Gems 2 Jewellery". www.gems2jewellery.com. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- "'TIMELESS' Jewellery by Madhuri Dixit | Gems 2 Jewellery". www.gems2jewellery.com. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- "PNG Jewellers Opens Showroom at Fremont, USA". 21 October 2015. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- "PNG Signs Salman Khan as Brand Ambassador | Gems 2 Jewellery". www.gems2jewellery.com. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- Reporter, B. S. (2015-01-11). "P N Gadgil Jewellers expands business". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- India Bullion and Jewellers Association Ltd. (IBJA)://ibja.co/
- "Saurabh Gadgil Appointed Vice President of IBJA". www.gems2jewellery.com. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- "PNG Jewellers adopts 9 students as a part of CSR". 12 May 2016. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- "P.N. Gadgil Jewellers Bags Three National Awards | Gems 2 Jewellery". www.gems2jewellery.com. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Saurabh Gadgil|