From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Sauro class submarine)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|Preceded by:||Toti-class submarine, Tang-class submarine, Tench-class submarine|
|Succeeded by:||Todaro class|
1,456 tons surfaced
1,641 tons submerged
Salvatore Pelosi subclass:
1,476 tons surfaced
1,662 tons submerged
Primo Longobardo subclass:
1,653 tons surfaced
1,862 tons submerged
|Propulsion:||1 shaft diesel (3,210 hp) plus electric (3,650 hp)|
|Speed:||12 knots surfaced
19 knots submerged
|Test depth:||300 m|
|Complement:||7 officers, 44 men|
|Armament:||6 x 533 mm torpedo tubes, 12 torpedoes or 24 mines carried|
- Nazario Sauro class (I-II Sauro batch):
- S518 Nazario Sauro - completed 1980 - decommissioned 2002 (named after Nazario Sauro); since September 2009, this unit has been a museum ship in Genoa (part of Galata - Museo del mare).
- S519 Carlo Fecia di Cossato - completed 1980 - decommissioned 2005 (named after Italian World War II submarine commander Carlo Fecia di Cossato)
- S520 Leonardo da Vinci - completed 1982 - decommissioned 2010 (named after Leonardo da Vinci)
- S521 Guglielmo Marconi - completed 1982 - decommissioned 2003 (named after Guglielmo Marconi)
- Salvatore Pelosi class or III Sauro batch with improved combat systems:
- Primo Longobardo class or IV Improved Sauro batch:
- (Italian) Classe Sauro, Marina Militare official website, march 2011.
- (Italian) Site about the submarine maintained by the genoese museum.
- (Italian) Sommergibili, Marina Militare official site.
- Conway, All the World's Fighting ships 1947-1995
|This submarine-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|