|MARC commuter rail station|
Baltimore-bound view of the platforms of Savage MARC station and Brock Bridge Road as seen from Dorsey Run Road.
9009 Dorsey Run Road|
Savage, MD 20723
|Platforms||1 side platform, 1 island platform|
|Opened||July 31, 1989|
|Passengers (2013)||471 (MARC)|
Savage is a passenger rail station on the MARC Camden Line between Union Station and Baltimore's Camden Station. It is officially located at 9009 Dorsey Run Road in Savage, Maryland, however Dorsey Run Road runs over the railroad tracks as well as Brock Bridge Road, which runs along the south side of the tracks and is a street-level with the station. The station straddles the line between Howard County and Anne Arundel County, with the southbound platform and parking garage located in Howard County and the northbound platform in Anne Arundel County.
Savage Station runs along the former Baltimore and Ohio Railroad's Capital Subdivision, which is now owned by CSX. It is also near the former Annapolis Junction which included a former Baltimore and Annapolis Railroad line.
Nearby places and attractions
- National Security Agency
- National Cryptologic Museum
- Giant-Landover Jessup Fresh Food Facility
- Regional Transportation Agency of Central Maryland
- National Business Park
- Dorsey Run Road Businesses
|G||Side platform, doors will open on the right|
|Southbound||← Camden Line toward Washington, DC (Laurel Race Track or Laurel)|
|Northbound||Camden Line toward Baltimore (Jessup) →|
|Side platform, doors will open on the right|
|Ground level||Exit/entrance and parking|
- Worden, Amy (1989-08-03). "Columbia Commuters Get a Station Break: Convenience Touted at New MARC Stop in Savage Station Opens in Savage". The Washington Post – via Proquest Historical Newspapers. (Subscription required (help)).
- "MARC Train System Map and Station List". Maryland Transit Administration. Archived from the original on 2008-03-09. Retrieved 2008-03-12.
- Media related to Savage station at Wikimedia Commons
- Station from Dorsey Run Road from Google Maps Street View
|This Maryland train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|