Savannah College of Art and Design Bees
- SCAD Savannah Bees redirects here.
|Savannah College of Art and Design Savannah Bees|
|University||Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah campus)|
|Conference||The Sun Conference|
|Athletic director||Jud Damon|
Yellow and Black|
The Savannah College of Art and Design Bees refers to the two sets of athletic teams that compete for the Savannah College of Art and Design at its two locations in Savannah and Atlanta, Georgia. The SCAD Savannah school is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), primarily competing in The Sun Conference. The SCAD Atlanta school also competes in the NAIA, but it competes in the Appalachian Athletic Conference. As a college of Art and Design, the school offers a sports lineup unlike most colleges. Its Savannah location is one of the few colleges in the United States to offer a competitive equestrian program, and is unlikely to ever compete in some of the typical college sports, such as basketball or football.
In 2016, the SCAD Savannah women won six individual national championships and 9 out of the 20 events, to win the team national championship in swimming, while the men placed second. This is the team's third national championship in women's swimming. The Bees’ Joel Ax was named the NAIA male swimmer of the meet and the NAIA male swimmer of the year, while coach Pilczuk was honored as the NAIA women’s swimming coach of the year.
Equestrian competitions are held at the 100-acre Ronald C. Waranch Equestrian center, a facility complete with rinks, paddocks, and grazing facilities. Golf is hosted at the Wilmington Island Club in Bluefield. Soccer and Lacrosse are housed at the SCAD athletics complex, which opened in August 2007. Swimming events are held at the Chatham County Aquatic Center, while tennis competitions are at Bacon Park.
- "Schools". NAIA.ORG. NAIA. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- "Members". Thesunconference.com. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- Sanchez, Kelly. "Exploring Equine Education". Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "SWIMMING: SCAD women win NAIA national championship; SCAD second in men's division". 6 March 2016. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- Howser, Colbi. "2016 NAIA Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving National Championship SCAD Savannah (Ga.) women take home third national title, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) men take home first title in school history". NAIA.org. NAIA. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "Ronald C Warnach Equestrian Center". Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- http://savannah.scadathletics.com/sports/2007/9/12/eqcenter.aspx. Retrieved 6 March 2016. Missing or empty
- "SCAD Athletic Complex". Retrieved 6 March 2016.