Save Indian Family Foundation
|Type||Indian men's rights organization|
|Location||Over 50 cities in 20 states|
|General Secretary - Rukma Chary;|
|Nagpur - Rajesh Vakharia;|
|Field||Men's rights, domestic violence|
Save Indian Family Foundation (SIFF) is a men's rights group in India and member of the umbrella organisation Save Indian Family. It is a registered, non-funded, non-profit, non-governmental organisation (NGO) and works with various like minded NGOs in India.
SIFF was founded in 2007 as an advocacy group against misuse of Indian laws related to dowry harassment. It is an umbrella organisation of a number of men's and family rights organisations spanned across Indian cities and provinces. SIFF has supported founding of other like minded organisations such as the "All India Mother in Laws Protection Forum" and "All India Men's Welfare Association".
SIFF is networked with Helpline telephone numbers for distressed husbands and their family members in Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Gujarat, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune, Nagpur, Nasik, Surat, Jaipur, and Kolkata. In 2010 the group claimed on its website to have "30,000 members on the ground and over 3,500 on the internet who are fighting this legal terrorism with vigour and passion like commandos".
SIFF has successfully conducted nationwide campaigns against the Marriage Amendment Bill in 2010 and the introduction of "Irretrievable Breakdown of Marriage" as a ground for divorce under the Marriage Law Amendment Bill in 2012. SIFF has also opposed efforts to criminalize marital rape in India, arguing that "No relationship will work if these laws are enforced."
SIFF's activities have been described as antifeminist by some Indian feminist organisations and media outlets, who argue that the group promotes traditional legal and social privileges for men at the expense of Indian women, and downplays the seriousness of women's issues in India.
Every year on 15 August, SIFF conducts National Meet at one of the Indian cities where SIFF members across India converge and discuss on a National Agenda for SIFF. The National Meet will conclude with a Press Conference.
- Polanki, Pallavi (17 July 2010). "Men Who Cry". OPEN. Archived from the original on 21 July 2010. Retrieved 28 March 2013.
- "SIF - About Us". Save Indian Family Foundation. Retrieved 2008-12-31.
- "Wife harassing you? Call for help". IBNLive. 2006-11-29. Archived from the original on 22 May 2011. Retrieved 2008-12-31.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- George, Daniel P. (6 September 2009). "Moms-in-law of the world unite..". The Times of India. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- Sengupta, Sudipta (31 October 2009). "Now, a forum for 'tortured' husbands". The Times of India. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- "SIF - Helplines". Save Indian Family Foundation. Retrieved 2008-12-31.
- Karnad, Raghu (3 December 2007). "Now, Is That Malevolence?". Outlook. Retrieved 28 March 2013.
- Pandey, Vineeta (8 March 2010). "Husbands can’t get away with marital rape: Government". Daily News and Analysis. Archived from the original on 31 March 2010. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Ramesh, Randeep (13 December 2007). "Dowry law making us the victims, says India's men's movement". The Guardian. Retrieved 16 November 2008.