Save Indian Family Foundation
|Type||Indian men's rights organization|
|Fields||Men's rights, domestic violence|
|Swarup Sarkar, Pandurang Katti.|
Save Indian Family Foundation (SIFF) is a men's rights group in India and member of the umbrella organisation Save Indian Family. It is a registered, non-funded, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) and works with various like minded NGOs in India.
Founded in 2007, SIFF is an advocacy group against misuse of Indian laws related to dowry harassment. It is an umbrella organisation of a number of men's and family rights organisations spanned across Indian cities and provinces. SIFF has supported founding of other like minded organisations such as the "All India Mother in Laws Protection Forum" and "All India Men's Welfare Association".
SIFF is networked with Helpline telephone numbers for distressed husbands and their family members in Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Gujarat, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune, Nagpur, Nasik, Surat, Jaipur, and Kolkata. In 2010 the group claimed on its website to have "30,000 members on the ground and over 3,500 on the internet who are fighting this legal terrorism with vigour and passion like commandos".
SIFF has successfully conducted nationwide campaigns against the Marriage Amendment Bill in 2010 and the introduction of "Irretrievable Breakdown of Marriage" as a ground for divorce under the Marriage Law Amendment Bill in 2012. SIFF has also opposed efforts to criminalize marital rape in India, arguing that "No relationship will work if these laws are enforced."
Every year on 15 August, SIFF conducts National Meet at one of the Indian cities where SIFF members across India converge and discuss on a National Agenda for SIFF. The National Meet will conclude with a Press Conference.
- Dowry system in India
- No-fault divorce
- Domestic violence against men
- Polanki, Pallavi (17 July 2010). "Men Who Cry". OPEN. Archived from the original on 21 July 2010. Retrieved 28 March 2013.
- "SIF - About Us". Save Indian Family Foundation. Archived from the original on 8 November 2012. Retrieved 31 December 2008.
- ANI (29 November 2006). "Wife harassing you? Call for help". IBNLive. Archived from the original on 22 May 2011. Retrieved 31 December 2008.
- George, Daniel P. (6 September 2009). "Moms-in-law of the world unite." The Times of India. Retrieved 8 December 2009.
- Sengupta, Sudipta (31 October 2009). "Now, a forum for 'tortured' husbands". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 December 2009.
- "SIF - Helplines". Save Indian Family Foundation. Archived from the original on 30 May 2012. Retrieved 31 December 2008.
- Karnad, Raghu (3 December 2007). "Now, Is That Malevolence?". Outlook. Retrieved 28 March 2013.
- Pandey, Vineeta (8 March 2010). "Husbands can't get away with marital rape: Government". Daily News and Analysis. Archived from the original on 31 March 2010. Retrieved 30 September 2012.