Save Your Love (Renée and Renato song)
|"Save Your Love"|
|Single by Renée and Renato|
|Writer(s)||Johnny Edward, Sue Edward|
|Renée and Renato singles chronology|
"Save Your Love" is a song which, when performed by duo Renée and Renato, was a UK Number one hit in December 1982. It remained at the top of the chart for four weeks before being knocked off by Phil Collins' "You Can't Hurry Love". The song was written by Johnny Edward (creator and voice of fictional robot TV character Metal Mickey) and his wife Sue.
"Save Your Love" entered the UK charts on 13 November 1982 at number 38. However, it began to pick up sales during the Christmas period, and six weeks after its debut was at the top of the charts, resulting in it being played on Top of the Pops and many radio stations. Renée (whose real name was Hilary Lester), did not appear in the video for "Save Your Love"; instead, she was replaced by a model.
|UK Singles Chart||1|
- Swedish dansband Vikingarna covered the song in 1983 on the album Kramgoa låtar 11.
- Swedish country, dansband and pop singer Kikki Danielsson covered the song in a duet with her then husband Kjell Roos on her 1987 Christmas album Min barndoms jular, as "I juletid" ("At Christmastime") with lyrics in Swedish written by Kikki Danielsson.
- Another text in Swedish, "Dröm om mig" "(Dream of me)", was written by Britt Lindeborg och Anne-Marie Nilsson and recorded by Swedish "dansband" Lotta Engbergs on the 2000 album Vilken härlig dag. This version was a duet between Lotta Engberg and Peter Åhs, and also appears on the 2006 Lotta Engberg compilation album Världens bästa Lotta.
- Dutch father and daughter duo Willy & Willeke Alberti used the melody of Save Your Love for their song "Niemand laat zijn eigen kind alleen" (1983)
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. pp. 416–7. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- McAleer, David (2009). The Virgin Book of Top 40 Charts (1st ed.). London: Virgin Books. p. 463. ISBN 9780753522004.
- "De Nederlandse Top 40, week 3, 1983". Radio538.nl. Retrieved 21 February 2008.
- Rupert Hawksley, "Worst Christmas number ones of all time" The Daily Telegraph,16 December 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "Save your love kramgoa låtar 11 | Svensk mediedatabas". SMDB. Retrieved 2014-03-29.
- "Nu är det advent | Svensk mediedatabas". SMDB. Retrieved 2014-03-29.
- "Vilken härlig dag | Svensk mediedatabas". SMDB. Retrieved 2014-03-29.
"Beat Surrender" by The Jam
|UK number one single
12 December 1982 - 2 January 1983
"You Can't Hurry Love" by Phil Collins
|This 1980s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|