Savitri: A Legend and a Symbol
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011)
Savitri: A Legend and a Symbol is an epic poem in blank verse by Sri Aurobindo, based upon the theology from the Mahabharata. Its central theme revolves around the transcendence of man as the consummation of terrestrial evolution and the emergence of an immortal supramental gnostic race upon earth. Savitri approaches 24,000 lines and was completed by Sri Aurobindo.
- ed. Aurobindo Ghose, Sri Aurobindo Ashram (1954) ASIN B0007ILK7W
- Lotus Press (1995) ISBN 0-941524-80-9
- Jugal Kishore Mukherjee, The ascent of sight in Sri Aurobindo's Savitri (2001) ISBN 81-7058-656-9
- D. S. Mishra, Poetry and philosophy in Sri Aurobindo's Savitri (1989) ISBN 81-85151-21-0
- Tenneti Purnachandra Rao and Dr. Tenneti Nagaranjani, Savitri Telugu Anuvadam in multiple volumes (Translated Savitri into Telugu in metered poetry with analysis)