Savjibhai Dhanjibhai Dholakia
સવજીભાઈ ધનજીભાઈ ધોળકીયા
Mr. Savji Dholakia - Founder and Chairman - Hari Krishna Group
|Occupation||Founder of Hari Krishna Exports Pvt. Ltd.|
|Spouse(s)||Gauriben S Dholakia|
|Children||Mena Simediya (Daughter) |
Nimisha Dholakiya (Daughter)
Dravya Dholakia (Son)
Savji Dhanji Dholakia (Gujarati: સવજી ધનજી ધોળકીયા), born 12 April 1962, is the founder and chairman of Hari Krishna Exports Pvt. Ltd., a Diamond manufacturing and exporting company with manufacturing units at Surat in Gujarat, India and its marketing and sales office in Mumbai, Maharashtra India. He is known as Mr. Savji Kaka in the diamond circles. His company currently exports finished diamonds to more than 50 countries directly from Mumbai. The company also has affiliates in the US, Belgium, UAE, Hong Kong and China.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Savji Dholakia joined his paternal uncle who was already engaged in the diamond trade in Surat. His brothers, Himmat and Tulsi, joined him in Surat and they started their own diamond business in 1984. The youngest brother, Ghanshyam, joined 7 years later in 1992.
After 10 years of rigorous diamond polishing work Savji Dholakia formed Hari Krishna Exports in 1992. The sales then were meager. Years later, as of March 2014, the company witnessed a turnover of USD 650 million (4000 CRORE INR) with a 104% growth over the previous year. The total strength of the workers and employees is more than 6,000.
Dholakia is also involved in diamond jewellery manufacturing and exporting H.K. Designs and Unity Jewels. Through H.K. Jewels Pvt. Ltd. the domestic market is being catered to. Kisna Diamond Jewellery is a Pan India brand distributed through more than 480 distributors to more than 6500 retail outlets.
Savji Dholakia's diamond company is among the top 5 in the industry. The company has achieved many prestigious awards over the years for their outstanding performance. For instance Hari Krishna Exports Pvt. Ltd. has been recipient of the Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council awards for the past 12 consecutive years from 2003–2014. Organisations outside India have also taken a note of its achievements the most recent being the Jewellery News Asia Awards (Hong Kong) and the Stevie Awards (Paris) for the year 2014.
Dholakia is best known for giving his employees cars, jewellery and homes worth USD 8 million (50 crore INR) as a reward for meeting targets. He gave away 491 cars (Fiat Punto), 525 pieces of diamond jewellery and 200 apartments to mark the Hindu festival of Diwali in October 2014 as bonuses. He has been rewarding employees of his firm with diamond jewellery, new cars and flats for meeting their annual targets for the last three years. He did it again in October 2015, presenting valuable gifts to selected 1,268 employees. and again in 2016 he had gifted 400 flats and 1,260 cars to his employees. Continuing the trend, he gifted three Mercedes-Benz GLS SUVs worth Rs 3 crore to senior three staffers who completed 25 years at the company in September 2018 . On the auspicious occasion of Diwali 2018, he is presenting 600 cars to his employees. There is also a news that he asked his son to go out to find a job with meagre 7000 rs. in his pocket. His son did that. He went through the hardship a common man in India goes through in his early years of career. Savjibhai did this to make his son understand the real value of money. As the son of a rich business tycoon, his son had all the amenities. However after going through this turmoil he realized how much money means to him as well as to others.
- "India diamond merchant boss distributes cars as gifts". BBC. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "Meet the Indian boss who gave cars, apartments and diamonds to employees". Guardian News and Media Limited. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Melvyn Thomas (2014-10-21). "Diwali bonanza: Surat boss gifts cars, flats and jewellery as bonus to his employees". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-05-21.
- Vinay Umarji and Kalpesh Damor (23 October 2014), "Newsmaker: Savji Dholakia the diamond exporter everybody wants to join", Business StandardCS1 maint: Uses authors parameter (link)
- "Hari Krishna Exports Pvt. Ltd.: GJEPC'S award winner for 12 consecutive years from 2003–2014". diamonds.net. Retrieved 3 Feb 2015.
- "Hari Krishna Exports honoured with two accolades The Stevies 2014". diamondworld.net. Retrieved 26 Aug 2014.
- "The desi Oprah who gifted 200 homes, 491 cars for Diwali". www.rediff.com. Rediff.com. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "Diwali gift: Flats, cars, jewellery to `loyal staffers'". www.thehindubusinessline.com. The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "Surat businessman gifts 1,260 cars, 400 flats to employees!". The Financial Express. 2016-10-27. Retrieved 2016-10-28.