Savlon is an antiseptic brand that contains two antiseptics, cetrimide and chlorhexidine gluconate. These agents were discovered and first developed by Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI). On May 22, 1992 Johnson & Johnson announced that it has acquired Savlon OTC brands from ICI.
It is used as a 1–3 % solution for cleaning roadside accident wounds.
currently its Antiseptic Liquid comes in the SKU sizes of 50ml,100ml, 200ml, 500ml and 1ltr.
- Savlon in medicines.org.uk.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-10-05. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- Johnson & Johnson acquires Savlon OTC brands from ICI. New Brunswick, N.J.. May 22, 1992.
- ITC acquires Shower To Shower, Savlon brands from J&J in India, in The Times of India, 14 Feb 2015.
- Tripathi, KD. Essentials of Medical Pharmacology (7th ed.). p. 900.
|This dermatologic drug article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|