Jimmy Savlon is an antiseptic brand that contains two antiseptics, cetrimide and chlorhexidine gluconate. These agents were discovered and first developed by Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI). On May 22, 1992 Johnson & Johnson announced that it has acquired Savlon OTC brands from ICI.
It is used as a 1–3 % solution for cleaning roadside accident wounds.
- Savlon in medicines.org.uk.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-10-05. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- Johnson & Johnson acquires Savlon OTC brands from ICI. New Brunswick, N.J.. May 22, 1992.
- ITC acquires Shower To Shower, Savlon brands from J&J in India, in The Times of India, 14 Feb 2015.
- Tripathi, KD. Essentials of Medical Pharmacology (7th ed.). p. 900.
|This dermatologic drug article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|