Gentsoglou playing for AEK Athens
|Full name||Savvas Gentsoglou|
|Date of birth||19 September 1990|
|Place of birth||Alexandroupoli, Greece|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive Midfielder|
|2007||→ Panachaiki (loan)||7||(0)|
|2008||→ Nea Ionia (loan)||0||(0)|
|2012–2013||→ Livorno (loan)||34||(0)|
|2013–2014||→ Spezia (loan)||12||(0)|
|2016–||→ Hajduk Split (loan)||15||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13 March 2017.
Savvas Gentsoglou was promoted from the AEK Athens youth system to the senior side in 2006, but didn't make his first appearance for AEK until the 2008-09 season. On 25 June 2008, Gentsoglou renewed his contract with AEK until 2014. Gentsoglou was first used as a central defender by coach Dusan Bajevic. Gentsoglou moved to the defensive midfield position in the middle of the 2009-10 season and became a key player of the starting eleven. Gentsoglou scored his first goal for AEK against Atromitos in a 3–2 home win. The following week Gentsoglou scored the equalising goal against Kavala. On 20 May 2010, Gentsoglou signed a new four-year deal.
On 19 January 2012, Gentsoglou joined Italian Serie A side Sampdoria. Gentsoglou did not feature for Sampdoria in the 2011–12 season, and was sent out on loan the following season to Serie B squad Livorno to gain playing experience. Gentsoglou made 35 appearances for Livorno, as the side won promotion to Serie A.
Gentsoglou then returned to Sampdoria for the 2013-14 Serie A season, but after again failing to establish himself in the Doria first eleven, he moved on loan to Serie B side Spezia Calcio in January 2014.
On 8 August 2016, the Prva HNL club Hajduk Split announced the signing of Gentsoglou on a twelve-month loan deal from Bari 1908. On 14 August 2016, Gentsoglou made his Hajduk debut, the 5th round of the Prva HNL, playing the first 66 minutes in a 1-1 draw with NK Osijek at Stadion Gradski vrt, before being substituted for Toma Bašić.
|2006–07||AEK Athens||Super League||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2007–08||Panachaiki (loan)||Gamma Ethniki||7||0||0||0||0||0||7||0|
|2008–09||AEK Athens||Super League||5||0||0||0||0||0||5||0|
|2011–12(b)||U.C. Sampdoria||Serie B||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2012–13||A.S. Livorno Calcio (loan)||Serie B||34||0||1||0||0||0||35||0|
|2013–14||U.C. Sampdoria||Serie A||5||0||1||0||0||0||6||0|
|2013–14||Spezia (loan)||Serie B||12||0||0||0||0||0||12||0|
|2016–17||Hajduk Split (loan)||Prva HNL||15||0||0||0||2||0||17||0|
- Gentsoglou signs new 4 year deal (GR)
- Επίσημα τέλος από ΑΕΚ ο Γκέντσογλου (in greek)
- "Savvas Gentsoglou al Livorno a titolo temporaneo" (in Italian). U.C. Sampdoria. 13 August 2012. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- Στη Σπέτσια ο Γκέντσογλου (in Greek). sport24.gr. 21 January 2014.
- "Σάββας Γκέντζογλου: σε ποια ομάδα πήρε μεταγραφή λόγω… Ηλιάδη" (in Greek). inewsgr.com. 30 August 2014.
- "Gentsoglou in Ergotelis F.C.". chaniapost.eu. 30 August 2014.
- "Στην Μπάρι ο Γκέντσογλου" (in Greek). www.sport24.gr. 23 June 2015.
- "Savvas Gentsoglou torna in Itala, firma un triennale con il Bari di Davide Nicola" (in Italian). www.cittadellaspezia.com. 23 June 2015.
- "Στην Χάιντουκ Σπλιτ ο Σάββας Γκέντσογλου" (in Greek). www.sport24.gr. 8 August 2016.