|Headquarters||St Leonards, New South Wales,
|Products||Prepaid mobile phone|
On 15 July 2010 the business (known by this time as Mobile Services Only Pty. Ltd) was taken into liquidation. The liquidators sold the business to Savvy Communications Pty. Ltd. on 3 August 2010 and the purchaser began porting the customer base from the Vodafone network to the Optus network.
In March 2015, Yatango announced that the Savvytel network will be shut down in April 2015.
Savvytel began offering prepaid mobile phone access at rates lower than traditional carriers because, under the Telecommunications Act 1997, Savvytel are able to obtain a licence to purchase airtime at a rate lower than the carrier while still able to make a profit. Further, Savvytel was the first mobile phone company in the world to offer call credits that never expire.
In 2007, Savvytel introduced a range of cap plans that include calls to landlines (including over 200 international destinations), mobiles, SMS (national and international), voicemail and 13, 1-300 and 1-800 Numbers.
Savvytel also sells phone cards for prepaid calling to international destinations at a reduced rate.
On 4 December 2007, Money magazine announced the winners of their "Best of the Best" awards, where they aim to provide the consumer with information on the best deals in practically everything. Savvytel was the gold winner in The Best Plans – Medium Users, for their $20 cap, and bronze winner in The Best Plans – High Users, for their $115 cap.
|“||"Savvytel is a low-cost mobile company that is making waves".||”|
- "Glenn Wheeler". http://www.savvytel.com.au/press/2UE%20Interview.pdf. 2006-08-20. Event occurs at 14:44 – 14:59. Southern Cross Broadcasting. 2UE. Archived from the original on November 5, 2007. Missing or empty
- "Sydney Roosters Rugby League 2007". Other sponsors. Sydney Roosters Rugby League Club. Retrieved 2007-10-19.
- "Customers most often ask us...". FAQ. Savvytel. Retrieved 2007-10-19.
- "A Current Affair". http://www.savvytel.com.au/press/ACA%20Transcript%2012042007.pdf. 2007-04-12. Nine Network. Channel Nine. Missing or empty
- Burke, Nicolette (2007-06-08). "Pre-paids rise from mobile's budget bin". Business. The Daily Telegraph. p. 81. Retrieved 2007-10-19.
- Effie Zahos; Deputy Editor Money Magazine December 07 p.114