|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Sawah Besar (meaning big paddy field) was formerly known as Weltevreden and is a subdistrict of Central Jakarta, Jakarta, Indonesia. The subdistrict contains one of the oldest area in Jakarta, which is centered on Lapangan Banteng (formerly Waterloo Square during Dutch rule) on the southeast part of Sawah Besar. This historic area includes the former Palace of Daendels (now the Treasury Department Building), Jakarta Cathedral, and the former location of Fort Prins Frederik (now the Istiqlal Mosque, Jakarta).
Kelurahan (Administrative Villages)
The subdistrict of Sawah Besar is divided into five kelurahan or administrative villages:
- Pasar Baru - area code 10710
- Gunung Sahari Utara - area code 10720
- Mangga Dua Selatan - area code 10730
- Karang Anyar - area code 10740
- Kartini - area code 10750
List of important places
- Gedung Kesenian Jakarta 
- Hotel Borobudur 
- Istiqlal Mosque (formerly Fort Prins Frederik)
- Jakarta Cathedral
- St. Ursula Catholic School (former Kleine klooster)
- Jakarta International Expo Exhibition Hall, also known as Jakarta Fair (Pekan Raya Jakarta)
- Lapangan Banteng (formerly Paradeplaats, later renamed Waterlooplein)
- Filateli Post office (formerly Weltevreden Postkantoor)
- Pasar Baru
- Toko Tio Tek Hong
- Treasury Department Building (formerly Daendels Paleis or Groote Huis) 
- Messiah Cathedral and Aula Simfonia Jakarta
- Sheraton Hotel 
Jakarta Art Building (Gedung Kesenian) in Jakarta.
Pasar Baru entrance, the oldest shopping street in Jakarta..
The treasury department building, formerly "Palace of Daendels".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sawah Besar.|
|This Jakarta location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|