|Born||Sawyer Storm Sweeten
May 12, 1995
Brownwood, Texas, United States
|Died||April 23, 2015
Austin, Texas, United States
|Cause of death||Suicide by gunshot|
|Relatives||Madylin Sweeten (sister)
Sullivan Sweeten (twin brother)
Sweeten was born in Brownwood, Texas, to Timothy Sweeten and Elizabeth Millsap. He had a twin brother, Sullivan. The Sweeten family moved to California when the twins were six months old. When they were 16 months old they began working on Everybody Loves Raymond, along with their sister Madylin. Sawyer and Sullivan owned a house in Riverside, California.
On April 23, 2015, Sweeten died in Austin, Texas, at the age of 19. The cause of death was a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. The cast of Everybody Loves Raymond sent their condolences to the Sweeten family. His on-screen father Ray Romano was shocked by the news and said he was a "wonderful and sweet kid to be around." Sweeten's on-screen mother Patricia Heaton said "a funny and exceptionally bright young man. He is gone from us far too soon." Brad Garrett, who portrayed Sweeten's on-screen Uncle Robert, released a statement that "The Sweeten family was our family for those nine years on Raymond. My deepest condolences and love go out to them during this unimaginable time." Sweeten's on-screen grandmother Doris Roberts remembered Sawyer as "a very sweet young man" and "Make sure your loved ones know how much you care about them. It's very important to keep in touch.” Phil Rosenthal, creator of Everybody Loves Raymond and husband of co-star Monica Horan, remembers Sawyer and his twin brother Sullivan and his older sister Madylin as "children that never failed to make us laugh, or remind us of how we feel about our own children." His on-screen/real life sister Madylin released a statement regarding her brother’s death and pleaded for everyone "to reach out to the ones you love."
|2002||Frank McKlusky, C.I.||Young Frank McKlusky|
|1996–2005||Everybody Loves Raymond||Geoffrey Barone||Main cast|
|2000||Even Stevens||Milton||Episode: "All About Yvette"|
- Williamson, Marcus (May 1, 2015). "Sawyer Sweeten: Actor who made his name playing one of the cute twins on the comedy show 'Everyone Loves Raymond'". The Independent. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
- Steiner, Amanda (April 27, 2015). "Sawyer Sweeten's Family Speaks Out Following His Suicide: 'He Will Live On in Shared Moments Forever'". People. Retrieved April 30, 2015.
- "Sawyer Sweeten: 'Raymond' Mom Patricia Heaton Speaks Out On Tragic Death". hollywoodlife.com. 2015-04-24. Retrieved 2015-07-06.
- "Everybody Loves Raymond' Star Sawyer Sweeten Dead at 19 of Apparent Suicide". ETOnline.com. 2015-04-23. Retrieved 2015-08-08.
- "'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast pays tribute to Sawyer Sweeten: 'He is gone from us far too soon'". NYDailyNews.com. 2015-04-24. Retrieved 2015-08-08.