St Mary's parish church
|Area||8.55 km2 (3.30 sq mi)|
|• Density||80/km2 (210/sq mi)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||East of England|
The civil parish has an area of 3.3 square miles (8.5 km2) and the 2001 Census recorded a population of 676 in 276 households, the population increasing to 688 at the 2011 Census. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the district of South Norfolk. The Church of England parish church of St. Mary is Decorated Gothic, with a chancel, nave and square west tower with a ring of eight bells. In 1867 the church was thoroughly restored, the nave enlarged, a vestry added and a stained glass window inserted in the tower: several of the other windows are stained glass.
Saxlingham Nethergate Church of England Primary school is a mixed school for ages 4 - 11 with a capacity of 77 pupils and was rated GOOD in its 2018 Ofsted inspection
The Saxlingham Cricket Club is home to the Saxlingham Gents cricket team which plays in the Norfolk Alliance league in Division Six.
The recreation ground in the village hosts the cricket pitch, Saxon Bowls Club  and the 43rd Saxlingham Nethergate Scout Group.
- Michael Andrews (artist)
- Samuel William King (1821–1868), rector of Saxlingham Nethergate and geologist
- Richard K. Morgan
- Eddie 'Bertie' Boulter DFC (1923-2010), WWII RAF pilot, inventor of the balanced flue boiler, author.
- Eric Pleasants, one of the few British members of the SS and a Gulag internee.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- Office for National Statistics & Norfolk County Council, 2001. Census population and household counts for unparished urban areas and all parishes Archived 2017-02-11 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 2 December 2005.
- "Ofsted | Saxlingham Nethergate CofE VC Primary School".
- "Saxlingham CC".
- "Club details | saxonbowlsclub".
- "Meet the Norfolk author behind Netflix's biggest new series". Eastern Daily Press. 18 February 2018.
- "Eddie Boulter, DFC: Inventor, author and vintage airplane restorer". Eastern Daily Press. 22 April 2010.
- "Index entry". FreeBMD. ONS. Retrieved 24 January 2021.
- Weale, Adrian (2014-11-12). Renegades (Kindle Location 3416). Random House. Kindle Edition
- for Saxlingham Nethergate