Say Goodbye (Chris Brown song)
|Single by Chris Brown|
|from the album Chris Brown and Step Up (Original Soundtrack)|
|Released||August 8, 2006|
|Chris Brown singles chronology|
"Say Goodbye" is a song recorded by American singer Chris Brown. Released on August 8, 2006, from his self-titled debut album, the song is also featured in the movie Step Up. It became Brown's third top-ten single on the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at number ten on October 31, 2006, and the second single of his career to top the R&B charts. The track was released as a single in the UK and US. It was his first single to not chart at all in the UK.
The song's music video (directed by Jessy Terrero) was released July 26, 2006. It features a short clip of the track "Ain't No Way (You Won't Love Me)" at the beginning of the music video. It follows Chris Brown trying to break up with his girlfriend. He also finds a new love interest by the end of the video.
While reviewing Step Up OST, Heather Phares of Allmusic called this song "wistful" and noted that it gets the film's romantic angle across without interrupting the flow of the more danceable tracks.
|Brazil (Pro-Música Brasil)||Platinum||100,000*|
|United States (RIAA)
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "Song Key and BPM Music Database | AudioKeychain". AudioKeychain. Retrieved 2016-07-10.
- Dean, Kendrick. "Chris Brown "Say Goodbye" Sheet Music in Bb Minor (transposable) - Download & Print". Musicnotes.com. Retrieved 2016-07-10.
- "Brazil" (PDF). ABPD. October 6, 2001. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- "Chris Brown Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Chris Brown Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard.
- "Chris Brown Chart History (Pop Songs)". Billboard.
- "Chris Brown Chart History (Rhythmic)". Billboard.
- "Hot 100 Songs - Year End 2006". Billboard. Prometheus Media LLC. Retrieved 9 July 2016.
- "Brazilian single certifications – Chris Brown" (in Portuguese). Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos.
- "American single certifications – Chris Brown – Say Goodbye". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved December 6, 2017. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.