Sayaji Ratna Award
|Sayaji Ratna Award|
|Awarded for||iconic character and outstanding contribution in the fields of business, sports, arts, humanity, education, governance & medicine|
|Presented by||Baroda Management Association|
Sayaji Ratna Award (SRA Award)
Baroda Management Association (BMA) has instituted a national level Sayaji Ratna Award in 2013 to mark the 151st birth anniversary of Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III, the erstwhile ruler of Baroda. BMA is an institution founded in 1957 in Vadodara and is an organization member of All India Management Association. This award is given annually to living legends of India. It recognizes the personality of the iconic character and outstanding contribution in the realms of business, sports, arts, humanity, education, governance and medicine. The jury selects a person whose life had demonstrated stellar qualities that Maharaja Sayajirao III imbibed and exhibited during his illustrious reign. The Significant among of those qualities are - Vision, Integrity, Compassion, Philanthropy, Institution building ability, Patronage of experts and Leadership that touches, inspires and uplifts all sections of the society.
The second recipient of the Sayaji Ratna Award is Ratan Tata, KBE, an Indian businessman of the Tata Group, a Mumbai-based conglomerate. Presently he holds the position of Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons, which is an honorary and advisory position. The award is conferred to him on 1-Dec-2015 in Vadodara.
- BMA starts Sayaji Ratna Award, The Times of India, 11-Mar-2013
- Award instituted to commemorate Gaekwad III’s 151st birth anniversary, The Indian Express, 10-May-2013
- First Sayaji Ratna Award to Murthy, India Speaker Bureau
- Narayanamurthy is the first Sayaji Ratna, The Indian Express, 14-May-2013
- BMA to confer Sayaji Ratna Award on Ratan Tata, The Times of India, 6-Apr-2014
- Sayaji Ratna Award to Ratan Tata, The Times of India, 20-Aug-2015
- Ratan Tata is conferred with Sayaji Ratna, Indian Express, 2-Dec-2015