|Look up scab in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Scab may refer to:
- Scab, a hard coating on the skin formed during the wound healing reconstruction phase
- scAb, single-chain antibody fragment
- SCAB, South Coast Air Basin in California, USA
Infections and infestations
- Apple scab, an apple tree (genus Malus) fungal disease caused by Venturia inaequalis
- Black scab, a potato fungal disease caused by Synchytrium endobioticum
- Common scab, a plant bacterial disease caused by Streptomyces species.
- Fusarium head blight, a fungal disease of plants, e.g., grain crops (especially wheat and oats), golf course grass, caused by the several species of Fusarium
- Pear scab, a pear fungal disease caused by Venturia pirina or Fusicladium pyrorum
- Poinsettia scab, a spot anthracnose disease caused by Sphaceloma poinsettiae
- Powdery scab, a disease of the skin of potatoes caused by the protozoa Spongospora subterranea
- Sheep scab, a skin disease of sheep caused by the mite Psoroptes ovis
- Scab, a strikebreaker, a person who works despite strike action or against the will of other employees
- Scab union, an organization of workers perceived as having a role in strike breaking
Art, entertainment, and media
- Johnny Dole & The Scabs, one of the first punk rock bands in Australia
- Channeled Scablands, an eroded landscape formed by Missoula Floods in the U.S. state of Washington
- Scabies, a skin disease caused by the mite Sarcoptes scabiei
- U.S. Wheat and Barley Scab Initiative, a joint government and academic program to develop control measures to minimize the threat of Fusarium head blight (scab) in the United States
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Scab.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.