Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up scab in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Scab may refer to:
- Scab, a hard coating on the skin formed during the wound healing reconstruction phase
- scAb, single-chain antibody fragment
Infections and infestations
- Apple scab, an apple tree (genus Malus) fungal disease caused by Venturia inaequalis
- Black scab, a potato fungal disease caused by Synchytrium endobioticum
- Common scab, a plant bacterial disease caused by Streptomyces species.
- Fusarium head blight, a fungal disease of plants, e.g., grain crops (especially wheat and oats), golf course grass, caused by the several species of Fusarium
- Pear scab, a pear fungal disease caused by Venturia pirina or Fusicladium pyrorum
- Poinsettia scab, a spot anthracnose disease caused by Sphaceloma poinsettiae
- Powdery scab, a disease of the skin of potatoes caused by the protozoa Spongospora subterranea
- Sheep scab, a skin disease of sheep caused by the mite Psoroptes ovis
- Scab (union), a pejorative term for a person who works despite strike action or against the will of other employees.
- South Coast Air Basin, in California, US
- Johnny Dole & The Scabs, one of the first punk rock bands in Australia
- Scabs (disambiguation)
- Channeled Scablands, an eroded landscape formed by Missoula Floods in the U.S. state of Washington
- Scabies, a skin disease caused by the mite Sarcoptes scabiei
- U.S. Wheat and Barley Scab Initiative, a joint government and academic program to develop control measures to minimize the threat of Fusarium head blight (scab) in the United States
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Scab.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.