This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Scalebase was founded in 2009 by Doron Levari. Ram Metser, formerly CEO of Guardium, a database security company acquired by IBM in 2009, was named as CEO in October 2012. In October 2012, ScaleBase closed a Series B round of $10.5 million from Bain Capital Ventures, Ascent Venture Partners and its original investor, Cedar Fund.
ScaleArc raised $5.33 million in December 2011. $12 million of new funding was announced in January 2013 was led by Accell Partners. The assets of ScaleBase were acquired by ScaleArc in August 2015.
The company ScaleBase provided two technology offerings: one was also called ScaleBase, and the other was Analysis Genie.
ScaleBase software was first released in August 2011.
ScaleBase is a distributed database cluster built on MySQL. This capability provides the scalability and availability benefits of distributed database while retaining relational database characteristics.
- Two-phase commit and roll-back
- ACID compliance
- SQL query model, including cross-node joins and aggregations
ScaleBase data distribution is policy-based and transparent. That is, ScaleBase provides visibility and control of the variables that impact the data distribution policy.
ScaleBase software was available on Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS), Rackspace and IBM Cloud.
Analysis Genie was software as a service that analyzed schema and queries. Its purpose is to suggest a data distribution policy that is uniquely tuned for individual application requirements and database workloads.
- "Company: About Us". Old web site. Archived from the original on March 15, 2015.
- Reidy, Chris. "Newton data base company ScaleBase secures $10.5 million in funding". Boston Globe.
- Rip Empson (October 17, 2012). "ScaleBase Lands $10.5M To Help Mozilla, AppDynamics & Others Scale Their Databases". Tech Crunch. Retrieved September 23, 2016.
- Robin Wauters (December 20, 2011). "ScaleArc Raises $5.33 Million In Series B Funding, Hires COO". Tech Crunch. Retrieved September 23, 2016.
- Steven E.F. Brown (January 10, 2013). "ScaleArc raises $12 million". San Francisco Business Journal. Retrieved September 23, 2016.
- Stephanie Simone (August 24, 2015). "Sharding Technology Now Available from ScaleArc after Acquiring ScaleBase". Retrieved September 23, 2016.
- Babcock, Charles. "ScaleBase Offers 'Get-Out-Of-Jail Card' To MySQL Users". Information Week.
- Heath, Garrett. "Cloud Tools to Enhance Your Application Performance". infoworld.com. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- Ltd., Bloor Research International. "Distributing MySQL databases - Bloor". bloorresearch.com. Retrieved December 9, 2016.