Scale Venture Partners
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Foster City, California, United States|
|Products||Venture capital, Private equity|
|Total assets||$1 billion|
Scale Venture Partners is a venture capital firm that invests primarily in early-in-revenue technology companies with a focus on Internet, cloud computing, software as a service (SaaS), and mobile products.
Scale Venture Partners maintains close to $1 billion in assets under management. As of May 2013, Scale Venture Partners is currently investing from its fourth fund, a $300 million fund. Prior to this raise, the firm closed their third round in 2010 with $250 million in investor commitments.
In 2007, the firm changed its name from BA Ventures to Scale Venture Partners.
According to their website, the size of their investments often ranges from $3 million to $20 million, with an average of $12 million over the entire life of an investment. The firm used to also focus its investments in the health care market, but ceased such activity due to slow Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and a difficult review process.
Scale Venture Partners has done many investments, including Box.com, BrightRoll, Everyday Health, ExactTarget, Forter, FrontBridge Technologies, DocuSign, HubSpot, RingCentral, NComputing, Omniture, uTest, Vitrue, and a $11 million investment in PubNub.
Their mature investments include FrontBridge Technologies (acquired by Microsoft), Vitrue (acquired by Oracle for a reported $300 million), ExactTarget (acquired by Salesforce.com for $2.5 billion), Omniture (acquired by Adobe for $1.8 billion), and RingCentral ($98 million IPO in September 2013).
- "Mercury News Interview with Scale Venture Partners with Rory O'Driscoll".
- "Scale Venture Partners Closes $300 Million Fund IV". 'Market Watch'.
- "SEC filing for Scale Venture Parthers".
- "BA Ventures Relaunches as Scale Venture Partners".
- "Scale Venture Partners Gives Up On Healthcare Life Sciences Investing".
- "PubNub Secures $11 Million In Series B Funding To Fuel Growth Of Global Real-Time Network". September 17, 2013.
- "NoSQL startup Datastax Raises $45 Million to Ride Cassandra's Wave".
- "Scale Venture Partners Leads $38M Round for Bill.com".
- "Opscode Raises $32M To Expand IT Automation Platform, Changes Name To Chef".
- "Sailthru Raises $20M To Personalize Content For Sites Like LearnVest, Business Insider".
- "Microsoft to Acquire FrontBridge Technologies".
- "Social Media Marketer Vitrue Has Been Bought By Oracle For $300 Million".
- "Salesforce to Buy ExactTarget for $2.5 Billion".
- "Adobe to Acquire Omniture for Approximately $1.8 Billion".
- "Victory in the cloud for RingCentral CEO: IPO stock soars 40%".
- Scale Venture Partners (company website)