Scamblesby shown within Lincolnshire
|Population||228 (Including Cawkwell. United Kingdom Census 2011|
|OS grid reference|
|– London||125 mi (201 km) S|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Postcode district||LN11 9|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
Scamblesby is a village and civil parish in the East Lindsey district from Lincolnshire, England. It is situated 6 miles (10 km) south-west from Louth, on the A153 road, and within the Lincolnshire Wolds, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
In 2007 Scamblesby Church of England Primary School achieved examination grades higher than the local and the national average. Its 2012 Ofsted inspection judgements rated the school as Grade 2 (good) overall. The school has a website found here
- Farrer, William. Honors and Knights' Fees: Chester, Huntingdon. Printed for the author, by Spottiswoode, Ballntyne & co. p. 172.
- Atkinson, Catherine (2007). Inventing Inventors in Renaissance Europe: Polydore Vergil's De Inventoribus Rerum. Mohr Siebeck. p. 291. ISBN 978-3-16-149187-0.
- Ferguson, John; Alexander, Elizabeth H. (1932). "otes on the Work of Polydore Vergil "De Inventoribus Rerum"". Isis. 17 (1): 71–93. doi:10.1086/346638. JSTOR 224628. Retrieved 23 November 2013.
- Kennett, White (bp. of Peterborough.) (1704). The case of impropriations, and of the augmentation of vicarages ... stated by history and law [by W. Kennett.]. [interleaved and with the author's MS. additions]. pp. 72–73.
- "Scamblesby Church of England Primary School". BBC. 6 December 2007. Retrieved 13 January 2008.
- "Scamblesby Church of England Primary School"; Ofsted report 2012. PDF download required. Retrieved 21 May 2012
- Media related to Scamblesby at Wikimedia Commons
- Scamblesby Village website
- East Lindsey District Council website
- Scamblesby Church of England Primary School web site