This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Written by||Katsumi Hasegawa|
|Directed by||Mitsuo Hashimoto
|Theme music composer||John Mitchell, Tom Keenlyside and David Iris|
|Opening theme||Never Give Up|
|Ending theme||I Will Find a Way|
|Country of origin||South Korea
|No. of episodes||52 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Daizo Suzuki
Jong Hun Hong
|Running time||30 minutes|
SBS Contents Hub
|Distributor||Cookie Jar Entertainment|
|Original network||SBS (South Korea)
Cartoon Network (USA)
Disney XD (Southeast Asia)
Spacetoon (Arab world)
|Original release||August 9, 2010 – March 29, 2011|
Scan2Go (Japanese: ギャラクシーレーサー スキャン2ゴー Hepburn: Gyarakushī Rēsā Sukyan Tu Gō, lit. "Galaxy Racer Scan2Go!!") is a Japanese-Korean anime series co-produced by d-rights Inc., NewBoy., SBS Productions Inc. and Stonebridge Capital Inc., under the direction of Mitsuo Hashimoto. The series is set in a futuristic universe of races involving the use of miniature automated toy cars. The TV animation lasts for 52 episodes and is targeted to boys from 4–12 years old. The series has been licensed by Cookie Jar Entertainment for North and South American audiences and dubbed by Ocean Productions and Blue Water Studios. In the United States, the series premiered September 1, 2012, on Cartoon Network. While the last 7 episodes have not been shown in the United States, all 52 episodes have been broadcast on YTV and Kix. also aring on K2 In Italy.
The animated series takes place in a futuristic universe. Many species throughout the galaxies are all excited for one thing: racing. This racing trend is what everyone knows it as, Scan2Go. This racing activity involves the use of miniature automated toy cars in which the cars race automatically, gunning for 1st place. The cars are powered by a cards which gives them the power to race and as well as turbo boosts. Scan2Go is a one-lap sprint race on huge tracks where speed and tactics are the key to winning. Racers will face many obstacles on the track, which can be dangerous or very tricky. Races can be done in teams or free-for-all, depending on the rules.
The story focuses on a young boy named Kazuya 'Kaz' Gordon and his team called "Team Jet" more formerly known as the "Junior Earth Team". Starting his Scan2Go career from (Earth), during which humans aren't fond of the Scan2Go trend yet, he embarks on a journey to become the greatest Scan2Go racer ever. Kaz is only in it to become the best racer in the universe. But he also discovers new friends along his way to glory.
He discovers a strong opponent and his greatest enemy who destroyed the Scan2Go committee named Ryu Kaizel. His aim is to conquer the negative emotions of people and begin destruction of the Universe.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2012)|
Scan2Go consists of a car and two types of cards, the power card and the turbo card. There are 20 Scan2Go cars which come in a variety of models, each associated with a character in the story.
The Innovate technology allows a player to program the car to activate power turbo sequences during the race.
- Power Cards (12 levels)
- Determines how strong the turbo engine boosts up. Each of the 12 cars has 12 different design for the power cards. Each of the designs reflects different power level.
- Turbo Cards (6 levels)
- Determines how many times the turbo engine boosts up. There are six levels of turbo cards for each of the 12 cars.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2012)|
|Character||Voice actor (English)|
- Series Original Plan: NewBoy, d-rights
- Executive Producers: Daizo Suzuki, Manar Tarabichi, Mohammed Tarabichi, Jinwon Kim, Tommy Kim
- Planning/Observer: Hamook Sung
- Directors: Mitsuo Hashimoto, Chan Young Park
- Assistant Director: Taiji Kawanishi
- Series Composition: Katsumi Hasegawa
- Character Designs: Yoshihiro Nagamori, Jong Sik Nam
- Character Design Assistant: Akiko Sato
- Machine Design: Ikuro Ishihara
- Race Planner: Issei Kume
- Art Directors: Nobuhito Sakamoto, Hoy-young Lee
- Color Supervisor: Chiho Nakamura
- Director of Photography: Yuya Kumazawa
- CG Director: Tomohiko Kan
- CG: Nam Suk Yun
- Editor: Keiko Onodera
- Sound Director: Hozumi Goda
- Music: Ocean Group, Meridian Entertainment Ltd.
- Composition Management: Masako Uchiura
- Associate Producer: Masataka Katagiri
- Animation Producers: Atsushi Tanaka, Kum Nam Cho (eps 1-18) (credited as Kun Nam Cho) → Ha Maria (eps 19-52)
- Assistant Producers: Hajime Watanabe, Saori Nakamura, Seung Won Nam
- Producer: Rika Sasaki
- General Producers: Takamoto Miura, Nabil Madi, Hamook Sung, Jiwoong Park
- Animation Studio: SynergySP
- Produced by d-rights, NewBoy, SBS Contents Hub, Stonebridge Capital
|United States||Cartoon Network|
|Belgium||2BE (Flanders, English dub with Dutch subtitles)|
|Hong Kong||TVB Kids
- NewBoy FZCO