|Studio album by|
|Genre||Mandopop, K-pop, dance-pop, R&B, hip hop|
|Language||Korean, Mandarin, English|
|Label||SM Entertainment, Sony Music Taiwan|
Scandal is a one-off album released in 2006 by Kangta & Vanness, a duo composed of Korean singer Kangta and Taiwanese singer Vanness Wu. Several of the songs on Scandal were recorded in both Korean and Mandarin, and two music videos were produced. The disc was released in South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Japan.
Release and promotion
Scandal was recorded and produced in South Korea under SM Entertainment. Kangta & Vanness debuted the music of Scandal at the 2006 MTV Asia Awards in Bangkok, Thailand on 2006 May, during which they performed the album's title track during the ceremony closing. They officially launched the album at "The 1st Showcase Scandal" on 2006 May at Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea, at which they performed "Scandal" and "127 Days." On 2006 May, Scandal was released by SM Entertainment in South Korea. It contained five Korean-language songs plus the title track also in English. A music video for "Scandal" was released, which showcased a dance battle between Kangta and Vanness, and featured Korean singer Lina, from Korean girl group The Grace (band). Later, a music video for "127 Days" was also released, featuring Lina's bandmate Stephanie.
On 2006 June, Scandal was released in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and soon thereafter in Japan, by Sony Music Taiwan. These releases featured a different cover, Mandarin-language versions of four songs found on the original release, plus a replacement of the song "Faith..." with "One Step." Some versions also came with bonus items such as a DVD containing the "Scandal" music video and footage from "The 1st Showcase Scandal" or merchandise from F4, the Taiwanese boyband of which Vanness is a member. Some releases also omitted the English version of "Scandal." Concurrently, in South Korea the "Repackage" version of Scandal was released. It featured a third cover and contained a track listing identical to the overseas versions, plus a DVD containing Korean and Mandarin versions of the music videos for "Scandal" and "127 Days," album jacket photography footage, and scenes from the making of the "127 Days" music video.
The "Commemorative Collectible" edition of Scandal was released outside Korea on 2006 August, and was identical to Korea's "Repackage" edition. Kangta & Vanness continued to promote Scandal across Asia throughout 2006.
Versions and tracks
Scandal Commemorative Collectible Edition
- (in Chinese) Sina.com 2006 Hong Kong TVB8 Awards Gold Songs nomination list 17 December 2006. Retrieved 2011-07-02
- "Kang Ta forms group with Taiwanese singer Vanness Wu". KBS Global. 2006-04-27. Archived from the original on 2008-05-16. Retrieved 2008-06-02. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- ""Kang Ta & Vanness" to release first album". CRI. 2006-05-09. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Creating a scandal". China Daily. 2006-09-02. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "Kangta, Vanness set to capture Hong Kong". 2006-07-24. Archived from the original on 2008-03-27. Retrieved 2008-06-02. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Kang Ta & Vannesse to perform in Beijing". KBS Global. 2006-06-23. Archived from the original on 2008-04-11. Retrieved 2008-06-02. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- (in Korean) (in Chinese) Kangta & Vanness' Official Site