|Municipal district||County of Newell|
|• Governing body||County of Newell Council|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (MST)|
|Postal code span|
As a designated place in the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, Scandia recorded a population of 146 living in 43 of its 54 total private dwellings, a change of −5.2% from its 2011 population of 154. With a land area of 0.19 km2 (0.073 sq mi), it had a population density of 768.4/km2 (1,990.2/sq mi) in 2016.
As a designated place in the 2011 Census, Scandia had a population of 154 living in 46 of its 55 total dwellings, a 12.4% change from its 2006 population of 137. With a land area of 0.2 km2 (0.077 sq mi), it had a population density of 770/km2 (2,000/sq mi) in 2011.
- List of communities in Alberta
- List of designated places in Alberta
- List of hamlets in Alberta
- List of museums in Alberta
- List of provincial historic sites of Alberta
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and designated places, 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- Alberta Municipal Affairs (2010-04-01). "Specialized and Rural Municipalities and Their Communities" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and designated places, 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. February 8, 2017. Retrieved February 13, 2017.
- Grain and Rail in Western Canada Canada. Grain Handling and Transportation Commission - 1977 0660010143 "CP Rail - Cassils Subdivision - From Cassils to Scandia, Alberta - 23.4 miles This line was constructed in 1928. The rail is a mixture of 60 and 85 pound steel with a gross carrying capacity of 177 thousand pounds. There are no elevators on"
- Scandia Eastern Irrigation District Museum.