|Comune di Scandicci|
The old town hall of Scandicci
|Metropolitan city||Florence (FI)|
|Frazioni||Badia a Settimo, Capannuccia, Casellina, Granatieri, Le Bagnese, l'Olmo, Mosciano, Pieve a Settimo, Rinaldi, San Colombano, San Martino alla Palma, San Michele a Torri, San Vincenzo a Torri, Santa Maria a Marciola, Scandicci Alto, Vingone, Viottolone|
|• Mayor||Sandro Fallani (Democratic Party)|
|• Total||59.7 km2 (23.1 sq mi)|
|Elevation||47 m (154 ft)|
|• Density||850/km2 (2,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||St. Zenobius|
|Saint day||May 10|
Scandicci (Italian pronunciation: [skanˈdittʃi]) is a comune (municipality) of c. 50,000 inhabitants in the Metropolitan City of Florence in the Italian region Tuscany, located about 6 kilometres (4 miles) southwest of Florence.
The settlement of Scandicci appeared in 1774 as Torri, and was later enlarged to incorporate several neighbouring communities.
- Villa i Collazzi, a Mannerist building whose design is attributed to Michelangelo.
- Villa Pestellini
- San Giuliano a Settimo - Badia or Abbey first documented from 774.
- Sant'Alessandro a Giogoli- Romanesque-style Pieve or parish church first documented from 1035; it has a nave with two aisles (the latter, together with the transept, decorated in Baroque style). In the rectory is a fresco by Ridolfo del Ghirlandaio and a canvas by Francesco Conti.
- Pieve di San Vincenzo
- San Martino alla Palma- Church with a 16th-century portico. The interior, on a single nave, houses a 14th-century Madonna with Child Enthroned.
- Sant'Andrea - Church at Mosciano, with some 13th-14th century paintings.
Nearby is also the Badia a Settimo.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Scandicci.|
|This Tuscany location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|