Scandinavian Enterprise Open
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Tournament record score|
|Aggregate||268 Craig Stadler (1990)
268 Ronan Rafferty (1989)
|To par||−20 (as above)|
- 1973: Bob Charles wins the inaugural edition of the tournament. He finishes two shots ahead of Tony Jacklin, Hedley Muscroft, and Vin Baker.
- 1974: Tony Jacklin wins by 11 shots over José Maria Cañizares despite his shooting a final round 75.
- 1977: Seve Ballesteros is struck by lightning on the 14th fairway during the second round of play. He escaped major injury and continued playing. Earlier in the same day Ballesteros got in a rules dispute when Lon Hinkle accused him of marking his ball incorrectly.
- 1987: Magnus Persson's attempt to become the Scandinavian Enterprise Open's first Swedish winner is foiled when Gordon Brand, Jnr defeats him on the first hole of a sudden death playoff.
- 1988: Seve Ballesteros wins the Scandinavian Open for a third time. He finishes five ahead of Gerry Taylor.
- 1990: Craig Stadler shoots a final round 61 to win the last edition of the tournament. He finishes four shots ahead of Craig Parry.