|Studio album by Turbonegro|
|Released||April 28, 2003|
|Recorded||Crystal Canyon, Oslo, November–December, 2002|
|Label||Burning Heart Records|
|Producer||Knut Schreiner, Turbonegro|
|Pitchfork Media||(2.3/10) |
Scandinavian Leather is an album by the Norwegian band Turbonegro that followed the band's reunion in 2002 and was released in April 2003 on Burning Heart Records in Sweden, on Bitzcore Records in Germany, on JVC/Victor Records in Japan and on May 6, 2003 on Epitaph Records in the USA.
With Scandinavian Leather Turbonegro returned to the rock'n roll world as potent and powerful as never before. The album is essentially a continuation of the path beaten by its predecessor Apocalypse Dudes but it presents many more facettes to the sound known as 'deathpunk'. While the songwriting is reminiscent of the purity and simplicity of the Ramones, the sound is much more multi-layered and refined with ingredients such as pompous string arrangements, utterly harmonic backing vocals, unexpected leaps in frenetic arena rock as well as psychedelic undertones which results in the introduction of the new term "Rainbow Rock": deathpunk with a pop sensibility if you will.
- "The Blizzard of Flames" – 1:57
- "Wipe It 'til It Bleeds" – 3:43
- "Gimme Some" – 3:11
- "Turbonegro Must Be Destroyed" – 3:10
- "Sell Your Body (To The Night)" – 4:29
- "Remain Untamed" – 4:16
- "Train of Flesh" – 3:46
- contains a prelude to "Fuck the World (F.T.W.)" at the end
- "Fuck the World (F.T.W.)" – 4:12
- "Locked Down" – 3:21
- "I Want Everything" – 2:51
- "Drenched in Blood (D.I.B.)" – 3:58
- contains a prelude to "Le Saboteur" at the end
- "Le Saboteur" – 2:56
- "Ride With Us" – 4:34
All songs by Turbonegro.
- Hank Von Helvete (Hans Erik Dyvik Husby) - vocals
- Euroboy (Knut Schreiner) - Lead guitar
- Rune Rebellion (Rune Grønn) - Rhythm guitar
- Pål Pot Pamparius (Pål Bottger Kjærnes) - Keyboards, Saxophone and percussion
- Happy-Tom (Thomas Seltzer) - Bass guitar
- Chris Summers (Christer Engen) - drums
- Krisvaag - Drums on "The Blizzard of Flames" arranged and performed with Chris Summers
- Ivar Winther - Flute on "Wipe It 'Til It Bleeds"
- Lars Horntvedt - String Arrangements with Euroboy
- Mariann Thomassen - Additional Backing Vocals on "Train of Flesh"
- Tomas Dahl - Additional Backing Vocals on "Drenched In Blood (D.I.B.)"
- Torgny Amdam - Additional Backing Vocals on "Ride With Us"
Cops on "The Blizzard of Flames" by Odd the God and Happy-Tom
- Joe Barresi - Mixing
- Stefan Boman - Engineer
- Sebastian Ludvigsen - Photography
- Anders Møller - Engineer
- Marius Bodin Larsen - Engineer
- Henke Jonsson - Mastering
- Knut Schreiner - Producer
- Turbonegro - Producer
- Klaus Voormann - Cover Art