Scarlet (Code Red album)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Studio album by Code Red|
|Code Red chronology|
Scarlet is the debut album by British quartet Code Red, released in 1997 via Polydor Records. Unlike other European boybands like Boyzone, Westlife and Take That, Code Red had more of a soul and R&B sound, which reflected in most of their songs.
- "I Gave You Everything" was released in the wake of Code Red's participation in the 1996 Great British Song Contest, in which they came second. This was released before the album and wasn't promoted as the lead single from Scarlet.
- The first single "Can We Talk" was originally sung by Tevin Campbell. Code Red's single was released in 1997 to European and Asian markets. The song became a modest hit in Europe, but became a much bigger hit in Asia, reaching number one in that region.
- "This Is Our Song" was released as the second single, and became one of their signature songs. This soul ballad managed to hit number one in European countries and it also became their biggest hit in Asia, topping the charts for eight weeks.
- The third and final single was "Is There Someone Out There". It became a modest hit for the group, peaking in the top ten in most European and Asian countries.
- "We Can Make It" was released as a further single in certain Asian countries. "We Can Make It" featured a different female singer for each major market the album was released in. The Indonesian version of the album featured Alda, whereas the Indian version featured Asha Bhosle.
- "We Can Make It" — 4:30
- "Can We Talk" (Pure Radio Edit) (Babyface, Daryl Simmons) — 4:03
- "Is There Someone Out There?" (Lew, Graham, Hector) — 4:03
- "This Is Our Song" (Pure Radio Mix) (Lew, Graham, Hector) — 4:02
- "Seven Ways To Break My Heart" (Lew, Graham, Hector) — 4:37
- "Living Without You" (Lew, Graham, Hector) — 3:14
- "Toni and Me" (Lew, Graham, Hector) — 3:32
- "I Only Have Eyes For You" (Al Dblin, Harry Warren) — 2:42
- "If You Go Away" (Lew, Graham) — 4:38
- "Come and Get It" (Lew, Olton, Graham) — 3:04
- "I Gave You Everything" (Pure Radio Mix) (Lew, Graham, Hector) — 3:32
- "You Need A Man Like Me" (Lew, Missen, Graham) — 3:15
- "I Need Your ETA" (Lew, Graham, Ratajczak) — 4:10
- "I Check For You" (Lew, Olton, Graham) — 4:53
- "It's Not Right" (Lew, Watts, Graham) — 4:06
- "I Could Have Saved Your Heart" (Lew, Graham, Rodell) — 4:54
- Artwork: [Design & Direction] - Mission
- Co-producer: Deni Lew (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 10)
- Engineer: Mark Newby-Robson (tracks: 1), Nicky Graham (tracks: 1), Phil Da Costa (tracks: 3, 10)
- Guitar [Guitars]: Terry Taylor (2) (tracks: 1, 3)
- Instruments [All Other]: Mark Newby-Robson (tracks: 1, 2), Nicky Graham (tracks: 1 to 3)
- Instruments [All]: Nicky Graham (tracks: 5, 8)
- Mastered by: Richard Beetham* (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 15)
- Mixed by: Nicky Graham (tracks: 1 to 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 to 15)
- Photography: Simon Fowler
- Producer: Nicky Graham
- Producer [Assistant]: John Cohen* (tracks: 2, 5, 6, 8, 11 to 15)
- Producer [Vocals]: Deni Lew
- Programmed by: Mark Newby-Robson (tracks: 6), Mike Olton (tracks: 9, 13), Nicky Graham (tracks: 6, 9, 11 to 15)