|Comune di Scarlino|
|Frazioni||Pian d'Alma, Puntone di Scarlino, Scarlino Scalo|
|• Mayor||Marcello Stella|
|• Total||88.29 km2 (34.09 sq mi)|
|Elevation||229 m (751 ft)|
(30 November 2016)
|• Density||39/km2 (100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||St. Martin|
|Saint day||November 11|
Scarlino appeared before the year 1000 as a possession of the Aldobrandeschi family, and was later handed over to the bishops of Roselle and then the Alberti family. In the 13th century it was acquired again by the Aldobrandeschi, but later it passed to Pisa and then the Appiani of Piombino.
- Walls, built from the 11th century and restored in the 13th century.
- Rocca Aldobrandesca ("Aldobrandeschi Castle"), including an angular and a round towers, plus stone defensive walls.
- Church and convent of San Donato, which was the seat of the Augustinians from the 14th century. The church is in Romanesque style.
- Oratory of Santa Croce, with Renaissance frescoes.
- Church of San Martino (14th century).
- Convent of Monte Muro.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Scarlino.|
|This Tuscany location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|