Scenes from the Heart
Cover of "Scener ur hjärtat"
|Authors||Malena Ernman, Greta Thunberg, Svante Thunberg, Beata Ernman|
|Original title||Scener ur hjärtat|
|Published||23 August 2018(first edition)|
|Followed by||No One is Too Small to Make a Difference|
Scenes from the Heart (Swedish: Scener ur hjärtat) is a 2018 book by Swedish opera singer Malena Ernman, her husband Svante Thunberg, and their daughters, climate activist Greta Thunberg, and Beata Ernman. It consists of three main chapters, divided into several subchapters, and opens with the poem Elegi from the poetry collection Ty by Werner Aspenström. The book is written as an autobiography.
The reader follows Malena Ernman and her family as they tour Europe for Ernman's singing career. The book details elder daughter Greta's background and family life before she started her school strike climate campaign, as well as her diagnosis of Asperger's syndrome. It also addresses Greta's younger sister Beata's attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and the family's struggle to deal with their daughters' diagnoses. In the book, the girls' mother concludes that Asperger's and ADHD are "not a handicap" so much as a "superpower."
The book has now been translated into several languages. In the original edition, only Malena Ernman and Svante Thunberg are credited as authors. Greta has been given top credit in new editions, and her photo is on the cover of the German edition.
- Chapter 1: Behind the Curtain
- Chapter 2: Burned-out Humans on a Burned-out Planet
- Chapter 3: Imagine if Life is Real and Everything We Do Means Something
- "Scener ur hjärtat av Malena Ernman, Svante Thunberg (Bok)". Bokus.com (in Swedish). Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- Malena Ernman (2018). Scener ur hjärtat (First ed.). ISBN 9789177951117. Retrieved 22 June 2019.
- Lambeck, Petra. "'Scenes From the Heart': Backstory of 16-Year-Old Climate Activist Greta Thunberg". Live Wire. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- Malena Ernman (2018). Scener ur hjärtat. ISBN 9789177951339. Retrieved 22 June 2019.
- Scener ur hjärtat (in Swedish). Retrieved 22 June 2019.
- Gunilla Kindstrand (29 December 2018). "Familjen Ernman: Utbrända barn på lika utbränd planet" (in Swedish). Svenska Dagbladet. ISSN 1101-2412. Retrieved 22 June 2019.