|Traded as||OSE: SCH|
|Rolv Erik Ryssdal (CEO), Ole Jacob Sunde (Chairman)|
|Revenue||NOK 15,232 million (2013)|
Foreign banks (> 30%)|
Government Pension Fund of Norway (6.24%)
NWT Media AS (3.7%)
Number of employees
Schibsted Media Group is an international media group that owns some of the largest newspapers in Sweden and Norway. It is also one of the world’s leading online classified ads businesses, and is active in 22 countries in Europe, Asia, Africa and America. The company has its headquarters in Oslo, Norway, and is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Schibsted's largest shareholder is Blommenholm industrier (25,1%), which is controlled by the Tinius Trust. Norwegian owners held a mere 42% of the shares at the end of 2015. International investment banks hold a significant amount of the votes.
In 1839 Christian Michael Schibsted founded the publishing company Schibsted Forlag and in 1860 he started publishing Christiania Adresseblad, from 1885 known as Aftenposten. In 1966 Schibsted acquired VG.
In 1989, under the leadership of Tinius Nagell-Erichsen, Schibsted went from being a family-owned company to a corporation, and was listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange in 1992.
In 2017, Schibsted has approximately 7,300 employees worldwide. The company is a major player in 13 European countries (Norway, Sweden, Finland, Ireland, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Italy, Hungary and Belarus), two Asian countries (Indonesia, Thailand), five Latin American countries (Mexico, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Chile, Brazil) and two African countries (Morocco, Tunisia).
Schibsted Media Group is organized into Media Houses, Marketplaces and Schibsted Growth.
Schibsted is the largest media group in Scandinavia.
In Norway, the collaboration between the newspapers Aftenposten, Bergens Tidende, Stavanger Aftenblad and Fædrelandsvennen was formalized through the establishment of the media company Media Norge. In 2012, VG was added and the company changed its name to Schibsted Norge.
Schibsted Media Group is one of the world’s leading online classified ads businesses. The company has said that they reach more than 200 million people worldwide. It is #1 in General Classifieds in 18 countries, including France, Spain, Sweden and Brazil. It operates the following sites:
Willhaben.at (Austria), Shpock.com (Austria), Kufar.by (Belarus), Olx.com.br (Brazil), Infojobs.com.br (Brazil), Yapo.cl (Chile), Fincaraiz.com.co (Colombia), LaGuiaClasificados.com.co (Colombia), Corotos.com.do (Dominican Republic), Tori.fi (Finland), Leboncoin.fr (France), Shpock.de (Germany), HasznaltAuto.hu (Hungary), Jofogas.hu (Hungary), olx.com (Indonesia), Adverts.ie (Ireland), Daft.ie (Ireland), DoneDeal.ie (Ireland), Infojobs.it (Italy), Shpock.com (Italy), Subito.it (Italy), Segundamano.com.mx (Mexico), Avito (Morocco), Finn.no (Norway), Shpock.com (Norway), CustoJusto.pt (Portugal), Infojobs.pt (Portugal), Coches.net (Spain), Fotocasa.es (Spain), Habitaclia.es (Spain), Infojobs.net (Spain), Milanuncios.com (Spain), Motos.net (Spain), Segundamano.es (Spain), Vehiculosindustriales.net (Spain), Vibbo.com (Spain), Tutti.ch (Switzerland), Blocket.se (Sweden), Bytbil.com (Sweden), Shpock.com (Sweden), Kaidee.com (Thailand), Tayara.tn (Tunisia) and Shpock.co.uk (UK).
Schibsted Growth In 2015, Schibsted Growth began investing in ambitious digital companies with scalable and innovative business models that create unique value for consumers or businesses.
Schibsted Growth helps founders and teams to establish products or services, scale their business, maximize growth and ultimately become market leaders. The company works alongside entrepreneurs, provides cash funding and leverages the experience and resources within Schibsted Media Group.
- "Annual Results 2013".
- Proff.no - as of April 2016
- "Schibsted-arvinger tar ut økt gevinst - Aftenposten". Aftenposten (in Swedish). 2016-09-17. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- "Aksjonærer - Schibsted". www.schibsted.com.
- "Schibsted ASA - Oslo - Roller og kunngjøringer". www.proff.no.
- "Schibsted" (PDF). www.schibsted.com.
- "Schibsted says Rolv Erik Ryssdal new CEO - Reuters". Reuters. 2009-05-14. Retrieved 2009-05-14.
- "SvD:s chefredaktör får nytt toppjobb - Svenska Dagbladet". Svenska Dagbladet (in Swedish). 2013-08-25. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
- "Aftenposten og VG flytter sammen i Akersgata - Schibsted.com". Schibsted.com (in Norwegian). 2012-08-22. Retrieved 2012-08-22.
- "This is Schibsted Media Group - Schibsted.com". Schibsted.com. 2017-08-01. Retrieved 2017-08-01.
- "Annual Report, 2016 - Schibsted.com" (PDF). Schibsted.com. 2017-08-01. Retrieved 2017-08-01.
- "Norway's Schibsted starts unicorn laboratory - Nordic Startup". Nordic Startup. 2015-12-16. Retrieved 2015-12-16.