Former monastery in Schijndel
Location in North Brabant
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Jetty Eugster-van Bergeijk (CDA)|
|• Total||41.66 km2 (16.09 sq mi)|
|• Land||41.54 km2 (16.04 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.12 km2 (0.05 sq mi)|
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|Population (May 2014)|
|• Density||563/km2 (1,460/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Schijndel ( pronunciation (help·info)) is a municipality in the southern Netherlands, in the province of North Brabant. Schijndel is located approximately 14 kilometres (8.7 mi) southeast of 's-Hertogenbosch. Schijndel was founded on the 6th of December in the year 1309.
The municipality had a population of 23,377 in 2014. This figure has remained virtually unchanged since the 1990s.
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Schijndel, June 2015
- Gérard Buzen, Belgian general\minister of defense
- André Gevers, cyclist
- Winy Maas, architect
- Wiljan Vloet, football manager
- Rai Vloet, football player and son of Wiljan Vloet
- Carli Hermès, photographer and director
- Jack de Gier, football player
- Hein Van de Geyn, jazz bassist
- Sissy van Alebeek, cyclist
- Ronald Mutsaars, cyclist
- Manon van den Boogaard, football player
- "Het college van burgemeester en wethouders" [The board of mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Schijndel. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 5482NG". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
|This North Brabant location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|