From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Schillix)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Developer||currently Jörg Schilling and Fabian Otto|
|OS family||OpenSolaris (Unix)|
|Source model||Open source|
|Initial release||June 17, 2005|
|Latest release||0.8 / August 27, 2012|
|Kernel type||Monolithic (Illumos Kernel[dubious ])|
|Userland||GNU and traditional Solaris|
|Default user interface||GNOME|
SchilliX is an OpenSolaris-based live CD and distribution. It was released on 17 June 2005, three days after the first release of OpenSolaris and its initial developers were Jörg Schilling, Fabian Otto, Thomas Blaesing, and Tobias Kirschstein.
Contributions to open source
- Schilling, Jörg. "SchilliX Is Real Now". Jörg Schilling's Blog. Jörg Schilling. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- Schilling, Jörg. "First Pure OpenSolaris Based Boot C.D.". Jörg Schilling's Blog. Jörg Schilling. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- djwm. "Schillix 0.7.1i released with Illumos underneath". The H. Archived from the original on 7 December 2013. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- Official website
- SchilliX at DistroWatch
- Phoronix Article
- Linux Weekly News Article
- Comparison of OpenSolaris-based Distributions
- Early Screenshot
- About Illimos
|This Unix-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|