Church in Sweikhuizen
Location in Limburg
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Léon Frissen (acting) (CDA)|
|• Total||24.12 km2 (9.31 sq mi)|
|• Land||24.06 km2 (9.29 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.06 km2 (0.02 sq mi)|
|Elevation||71 m (233 ft)|
|• Density||538/km2 (1,390/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
6155, 6174, 6365, 6436–6439
Schinnen (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈsxɪnə(n)] (listen); Limburgish: Sjènne) is a town and was a municipality in the province of Limburg, the Netherlands. It is home to US Army Garrison Schinnen, a support base for US personnel assigned to nearby Allied Joint Force Command Brunssum. It is also the location of Alfa Brewery, the only brewery in the Netherlands that uses an officially certified underground spring. In 2019, it merged with Nuth and Onderbanken to form Beekdaelen.
Cities and towns
Dutch topographic map of the municipality of Schinnen, June 2015
- "College van B&W" [Board of mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Schinnen. Archived from the original on 9 February 2012. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 6365BK". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Gemeenteraad Beekdaelen beëdigd in gemeentehuis Nuth" [Town council of Beekdaelen sworn in at Nuth municipality office] (in Dutch). 1Limburg. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
|This Dutch Limburg location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|