"Good Beer for Good People"
|Location||Grand Rapids, Michigan|
|Owned by||Jim & Laurie Schwerin|
Schmohz Brewing Company is a brewery and taproom located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Jim Schwerin (owner and head brewer) and Gabi Palmer (brewer) are responsible for brewing the beer, while development, marketing, press, and publicity related events are handled by Chas Thompson (beer engineer, MBAA). All are alumni of Michigan Technological University (MTU). Schmohz holds a Michigan microbrewery license, and is a member of the Michigan Brewers Guild.
Schmohz products are also available in stores, bars, and restaurants around Michigan.
In 2009 Schmohz added a biergarten so patrons can drink their beer outside. Picnic tables and an honor grill populate the biergarten. Schmohz does not serve food but is outside-food friendly.
Schmohz also hosts the West Michigan Chapter of the Michigan Tech Alumni Association monthly meetings and is an integral part of event staff for the Chapter.
- Schmohz Brewing Company at Beer Advocate. Accessed March 19, 2015.
- Kotje, Jon (January 11, 2015). "Schmohz Brewing Company – Grand Rapids", Travel the Mitten. Accessed February 28, 2016.
- "The Return of Schmohz 120", Guys Drinking Beer, October 23, 2013. Accessed February 28, 2016.
- Smith, Josh (August 18, 2008). "Brewer Bio: Schmohz Brewing Company's Chas Thompson", Kalamazoo Gazette. Accessed February 28, 2016.
- Schmohz Brewing Co. at Untapped. Accessed March 19, 2015
- Orttenburger, Marie (October 14, 2013). "Schmohz Brewery Engineers Beer, Fun, Community", The Rapidian. Accessed February 28, 2016.
|This beer or brewery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|