||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Society for Scholarly Publishing#Scholarly Kitchen. (Discuss) Proposed since December 2014.|
The Scholarly Kitchen is a blog published by the Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP). Contributors include senior professionals in scholarly communications. Topics cover journals, textbooks, open access, and research libraries. The blog was founded in 2008 by Kent Anderson, who served as the editor-in-chief until 2013 when became president of SSP. Since then, David Crotty has been the editor-in-chief.
The Kitchen's 14 volunteer bloggers are called "Chefs." They work for diverse organizations in scholarly communications. Most are from society publishers, but their affiliations also include government agencies, academic libraries, and commercial publishers. Several SK Chefs are independent consultants. The authors represent their own views, and do not claim to speak for their employers or the SSP.
In addition to contributing their blog posts, a number of the Chefs have represented the blog as featured speakers at scholarly communications conferences, including the SSP Annual Meeting, the Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP) Annual Meeting, the International Association of Scientific, Technical, and Medical Publishers (STM) Frankfurt Conference, and the European Association of Science Editors (EASE)/International Society of Managing and Technical Editors (ISMTE) joint meeting.
The Scholarly Kitchen Podcast
In 2013, Chef Stewart Wills launched the Scholarly Kitchen Podcast, with assistance from the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS). The podcast features interviews with individuals of note in scholarly communications.
- "About the SSP's Scholarly Kitchen". Scholarly Kitchen.
- Fitzpatrick, J. J. (2013). "Let's Gather in the Kitchen (the Scholarly Kitchen, That Is)". Nursing Education Perspectives. 34 (1): 7–15. doi:10.5480/1536-5026-34.1.7. PMID 23586197.
- Anderson, Kent. "A new head chef in the Kitchen". Scholarly Kitchen,.
- "The Webby Awards Gallery and Archive". The Webby Awards.
- Wills, Stewart. "Live Blogging the Food Fight". Scholarly Kitchen. Society for Scholarly Publishing. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- Wills, Stewart. "Second Course: Liveblogging the 2012 SSP Closing Session". Scholarly Kitchen. Society for Scholarly Publishing. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- Hawkins, Donald T. "Selections from The Scholarly Kitchen's Dessert Cart". ATG News Channel. Against the Grain. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- Haynes, John. "Director's Matters". AIP Matters. American Institute of Physics. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- "STM Frankfurt Conference 2012". STM Web site. STM. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- "EASE / ISMTE Joint Meeting Programme". EASE Web site. EASE. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- Anderson, Kent. "Announcing the Scholarly Kitchen Podcast". Scholarly Kitchen. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
|This article about a blog, vlog, or other Internet publication is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|