School's Out (album)
|Studio album by Alice Cooper|
|Studio||The Record Plant, New York City|
|Alice Cooper chronology|
|Singles from School's Out|
|Rolling Stone||(mixed) |
|Robert Christgau||B− |
School's Out is the fifth studio album by American rock band Alice Cooper, released in 1972. The album's title track has remained a staple song in Alice Cooper's live set list and receives regular airplay on many "Classic Rock" radio stations.
School's Out reached No. 2 on the US Billboard 200 chart and No. 1 on the Canadian RPM 100 Top Albums chart, holding the top position for four weeks. The single "School's Out" reached No. 7 on the Billboard Hot 100, No. 3 on the Canadian RPM Top Singles Chart and went to No. 1 in the UK Singles Chart.
The original album cover (designed by Craig Braun) had the sleeve opening in the manner of a wooden school desk, similar to Thinks: School Stinks, by Hotlegs, released two years earlier. The vinyl record inside was wrapped in a pair of panties, though this was later discontinued as the paper panties were found to be flammable. The actual desk is on display in the Hard Rock Cafe in Las Vegas.
|1.||"School's Out"||Alice Cooper, Glen Buxton, Michael Bruce, Dennis Dunaway, Neal Smith||3:30|
|2.||"Luney Tune"||Cooper, Dunaway||3:44|
|3.||"Gutter Cat vs. the Jets"||Buxton, Dunaway, Leonard Bernstein, Stephen Sondheim||4:40|
|4.||"Street Fight"||Cooper, Buxton, Bruce, Dunaway, Smith||0:55|
|5.||"Blue Turk"||Cooper, Bruce||5:34|
|1.||"My Stars"||Cooper, Bob Ezrin||5:49|
|2.||"Public Animal #9"||Cooper, Bruce||3:55|
|4.||"Grande Finale" (Instrumental)||Cooper, Buxton, Bruce, Dunaway, Bob Ezrin, Smith, Mack David, Leonard Bernstein||4:26|
- Alice Cooper band
- Alice Cooper – vocals
- Glen Buxton – lead guitar
- Michael Bruce – rhythm guitar, keyboards, backing vocals
- Dennis Dunaway – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Neal Smith – drums, backing vocals
- Bob Ezrin – keyboards
- Dick Wagner – lead guitar on "My Stars"
- Rockin' Reggie Vincent – guitar, backing vocals
- Wayne Andre – trombone on "Blue Turk"
- Alice Cooper - School's Out (1972) album review by Greg Prato at AllMusic
- "Alice Cooper - School's Out (1972) album review by Ben Gerson (28.9.1972)". Rolling Stone.
- "Alice Cooper - School's Out (1972) album review by Robert Christgau". robertchristgau.com.
- "Canadian RPM Top Albums: Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. 1972-08-12. Retrieved 2012-01-07.
- "Canadian RPM Top Singles Chart - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. 1972-08-26. Retrieved 2012-01-07.
- Alice Cooper - School's Out (1972) album releases & credits at Discogs.com
- Alice Cooper - School's Out (1972) album images at Discogs.com
- Alice Cooper and Kent Zimmerman, Alice Cooper, Golf Monster: A Rock 'n' Roller's Life and 12 Steps to Becoming a Golf Addict, Random House, 2008, p. 97
- Wayne Andre biography at www.trombone-usa.com