School City of East Chicago
Mandatory Uniformity of Colors
All district students, except those with parent or religious waivers and those with too much financial hardship to abide by the rule, are required to abide by a dress code that restricts colors worn by students. Students may wear solid red, white, or navy blue shirts, including collared shirts, T-shirts, blouses, turtlenecks, sweaters, and sweatshirts. Students may wear navy blue bottoms, including trousers, skirts, skorts, culottes, jumpers, and shorts. Students may wear dress or athletic shoes colored navy blue, black, white, or red. Belts and shoelaces must be solid colors. Students may wear outfits from a "nationally recognized youth organization" such as the Boy Scouts of America or Girl Scouts of the USA on meeting days.
All schools are in East Chicago.
Junior high schools
- Carrie Gosch Elementary School
- Benjamin Franklin Elementary School
- Benjamin Harrison Elementary School
- Abraham Lincoln Elementary School
- William McKinley Elementary School
- George Washington Elementary School
- "Mandatory Uniformity of Colors Policy." School City of East Chicago.