School Days with a Pig
||This article needs to be updated. (April 2012)|
|School Days with a Pig|
|Directed by||Tetsu Maeda|
|Produced by||Toshihiro Isomi|
|Written by||Hirotoshi Kobayashi, Yasushi Kuroda (novel)|
|Starring||Satoshi Tsumabuki, Mieko Harada, Ren Osugi|
|Edited by||Koichi Takahashi|
School Days with a Pig (ブタがいた教室? Buta ga ita Kyōshitsu) is a 2008 Japanese drama film that is based on a true event that took place in an elementary school in Osaka Prefecture. The film is directed by Tetsu Maeda, and its story is based on a novel about the event by Yasushi Kuroda. Actor Satoshi Tsumabuki will play the lead role of the class teacher in this film. Additionally, this film stars 28 school children chosen by audition.
The film revolves around the story of an elementary school teacher who proposes that his class raise a piglet at school with the aim of eating it once it has grown up.
- Satoshi Tsumabuki as Mr. Hoshi, the class homeroom teacher
- Ren Ohsugi as Mr. Nishina (school Vice Principal)
- Tomoko Tabata as Ms. Ikezawa
- Seiji Ikeda as Mr. Kowasi
- Mieko Harada as School Principal Mrs. Takahara
- Ryohei Kondo
- Runa Natsui
- Itsumi Osawa
- Yumi Shimizu as the music teacher
- Pierre Taki
- Naho Toda
Year 6 Class 2 Students
School Days with a Pig was first announced on 25 August 2008.
The theme song for the film School Days with a Pig is the song Hana no yō ni hoshi no yō ni (花のように星のように? lit: Like a Flower, like a star) that is sung by singer Tortoise Matsumoto. This was announced together with the announcement of this film on 25 August 2008.
- 「Prayer」 Lyrics By：Tatsu Maeda (前田哲?) Lyrics (English) by ：Lynne Hobdny Songwriter： 吉岡聖治 歌：清水ゆみ
This film was first released at the 21st Tokyo International Film Festival, where it was one of the films participating in the competition. It was then released in Japan cinemas on 1 November 2008.
Later, this film was released in Singapore on 8 April 2009. It was also released in Taiwan on 10 April 2009 and in Hong Kong on 27 August 2009 under the name of (Chinese: 和豬豬一起上課的日子; pinyin: Hé zhū zhū yīqǐ shàngkè de rìzi).
Rotten Tomatoes reported that 78% of users liked this movie, based on 104 user ratings. The DVD version of this movie was ranked #30,660 on the Amazon Bestsellers Rank (in DVD) The special version was ranked #39,011 on the same list.
According to this movie's Taiwanese release official site, more audiences did not want to eat the pig as compared to those who voted to eat the pig.
|Award||Date of ceremony||Category||Recipients and nominees||Result|
|28th Tokyo International Film Festival||2008||Audience Award||School Days with a Pig||Won|
|Zlín International Film Festival for Children and Youth||2009||Award of the City of Zlín||School Days with a Pig||Won|
|Jeonju International Film Festival||2009||JIFF Audience Award||School Days with a Pig||Won|
- "Box Office Mojo". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- "School Days with a Pig on eiga.com". eiga.com (in Japanese). Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "Films in the 21st Tokyo International Film Festival". WELVA CORP. (in Japanese). Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "Yahoo! Japan film summary". Yahoo! Japan, Co. (in Japanese). Retrieved 29 November 2010.
- 妻夫木聡主演「ブタがいた教室」チケットは初のベルマーク付き！. eiga.com (in Japanese). 2008-08-25. Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "School Days with a Pig on goo Movies". NTT Resonant Inc (in Japanese). Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- Yahoo! Singapore Movies Yahoo! Southeast Asia Pte Ltd.
- "atmovies movies.com.tw" (in Chinese). @movies. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "allcinema" (in Japanese). allcinema. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- Rotten Tomatoes, IGN Entertainment, Inc. Retrieved 2010-12-06.
- "Amazon Japan" (in Japanese). Amazon.com, Inc. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "Taiwan Official Movie Page" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "Tokyo International Film Festival History" (in Japanese). Tokyo International Film Festival. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "Results of ZLÍN 2009 – 49th International Film Festival for Children and Youth". ZLÍN International Film Festival. Retrieved 2011-01-10.