School for Advanced Studies
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|School for Advanced Studies|
|School district||Miami-Dade County Public Schools|
|Principal||Dr. Omar Monteagudo|
The School for Advanced Studies (SAS) is a SACS accredited dual-enrollment secondary school in Miami, Florida. It is a part of the Miami-Dade County Public Schools System and is located at four campuses of Miami Dade College: the Kendall campus, North Campus, Wolfson Campus, and Homestead campus.
SAS is 61% Hispanic, 16% Black, 16% White non-Hispanic, and 5% Asian.
Awards and honors
|This section does not cite any sources. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Ranked #6 out of the top 2000 public senior high schools in the U.S. in a joint report by Newsweek and The Daily Beast in 2013, 2nd out of all Florida schools, and 1st out of all Miami schools
- May 7, 2013 was declared as SAS Day in Miami-Dade County, signifying the 25-year anniversary of this nationally recognized high school.
- Ranked #12 out of 30,000+ public senior high schools in the U.S. by Newsweek in 2012, and 3rd out of all Florida schools on the list
- Ranked #46 out of 30,000+ public senior high schools in the U.S. by Newsweek in 2010, and 10th out of all Florida schools on the list
- "School For Advanced Studies-wolfson". Retrieved 2011-09-25.
- Zhao, Emmeline (21 May 2012). "Newsweek: Best High Schools In America 2012". Huffington Post.
- "Newsweek High School Profile Page". Retrieved 2011-09-25.