School of Economics and Management, Khazar University
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Dean||Prof. Mahammad Nuriyev|
Since its formation in 1991, the School of Economics and Management (İqtisadiyyat və Menecment fakültəsi) at Khazar University has been a business school in Azerbaijan. It pioneered the introduction and development of an open, Western education system in Azerbaijan, and its adaption to regional needs.
Since 1997, Professor Mahammad Nuriyev, Doctor of Sciences, has been the dean of the School of Economics and Management (SEM). In total, the school has over 50 faculty members who cover a wide range of disciplines in economics and management.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Finance
- BBA in Accounting
- BBA in Management
- BBA (General)
- BBA in International Business
- BBA in Marketing
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Economics
- BS in International Economics
In addition to the Khazar University Library Information Center, the SEM's branch library holds thousands of English-language textbooks and subscribes to many business journals and magazines. In addition to print resources, the library provides access to the Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC), an institutional repository (KUIR) and select electronic databases (EBSCO, JSTOR, etc.)
International partnership programs
Among its leading partners are the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA, United States), Georgia State University (USA), the Robinson College of Business (USA), Southern Connecticut State University (USA), Nottingham Trent University (Great Britain), the Institut Supérieur de Commerce International de Dunkerque (ISCID, France), the Institut de Préparation à l'Administration et à la Gestion (IPAG, France), the BI Norwegian School of Management, the Stockholm School of Economics in Riga (Latvia), Korea Development Institute (Seoul), Malaysian Institute of Economic Research, the Caucasus Business School (Tbilisi, Georgia) and others.
Most of the school's graduates are employed by international companies operating in Azerbaijan.
- Developing MBA Programs and Faculty Capabilities at Khazar University (1996–2001, jointly with Georgia State University, and the Robinson College of Business).
- Promoting a New Economy: Enhancing Undergraduate Business Education in Azerbaijan (2002–2005, jointly with Southern Connecticut State University Business School).
- Corporate Governance in Azerbaijan (2002–2005, a research project funded by the Sasakawa Peace Foundation and carried out in cooperation with the Malaysian Institute of Economic Research).
- Strengthening the Macroeconomic Forecasting Capability in Azerbaijan (2005–2008, a research project funded by the Sasakawa Peace Foundation and carried out in cooperation with the Malaysian Institute of Economic Research and the Korean Development Institute).
- Khazar University Catalog 2008-2009, Khazar University Press.