School of Infantry
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Schools of infantry include:
- British Army - Infantry Training Centre at Catterick; Infantry Battle School, at Brecon, Wales.
- Royal Marines - Commando Training Centre Royal Marines, Lympstone, Devon
- United States Army - Infantry School at Fort Benning, Georgia.
- United States Marine Corps -
- The Basic School (TBS) at Marine Corps Base Quantico, Virginia - (Mission: "Train and educate newly commissioned or appointed officers in the ... warfighting skills required of a rifle platoon commander" and conducts initial infantry MOS qualification training for Marine infantry officers.)
- School of Infantry (SOI) - (Conducts post-Recruit Training for enlisted Marines in basic infantry and combat skills to ensure that "Every Marine is, first and foremost, a Rifleman" and conducts initial infantry MOS qualification training for infantry Marines.)
- Individual Movement/Minor Techniques
- Recruit training
- Military academy
- Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) - US Army and USMC job classification
|This article about a specific military unit is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|