School of International Relations
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The School of International Relations (or SIR) (Persian: دانشکده روابط بینالملل وزارت امور خارجه) is an institute of higher education in Iran. The school trains an international student body, and is run by the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, under the supervision of the Iranian Ministry of Science, Research and Technology.
More than 750 of the school's graduates have held diplomatic and government positions inside and outside Iran.
SIR houses the Iranian Diplomatic Training Center (DTC) who trains domestic as well as foreign young diplomats. The DTC has trained more than 1000 diplomats from 60 nations. Professors of this school are mostly among the famous Iranian diplomats, mostly working in international organizations such as UN or in Embassies around the world.
Mohammad Javad Zarif is a faculty member of the school.
- Mohammad Javad Zarif (Foreign Minister )
- Abbas Araghchi (Deputy Foreign Minister)
- Mohammad Kazem Sajjadpour (Former Agent in the UN )
- Mehdi Fakheri (Former Agent Geneva)
- Mehdi Danesh Yazdi (Deputy Foreign Minister)
- Mohammad Reza Dehshiri (Former agent in the UNESCO)
- Mansour Rahmani (Member of IISS )
- Sohrab Shahabi (Former Minister`s adviser)
- Saeed Agha Banihashemi (Former ambassador in Hungary)
|This Iran-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|