School of Law, Christ University
|Motto||Excellence and Service|
|Chancellor||Thomas Aykara, CMI|
|Vice-Chancellor||Thomas C Mathew, CMI|
|Director||Benny Thomas, CMI|
SLCU is approved by the Bar Council of India to conduct the five year integrated BA LLB and a five-year BBA LLB programmes. It also offers three LLM programmes in Constitutional and Administrative Law, Corporate and Commercial Law, Intellectual Property and Trade Law apart from MPhil and PhD degree programmes in law. From 2013 it has been offering MA in International Studies.
Candidates, below the age of 21 on 1 April of the year of application, who have passed their 10+2 examination or its equivalent with a minimum of 45% marks at the final examination are eligible to appear for the entrance examination. Students are admitted on the basis of an entrance test followed by a personal interview and micro presentation. The selection process is conducted in Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata and Ghaziabad in the months of April and May.
Some of the co-curricular activities organised by School of Law are Annual National Conference on Constitutional Law, Model united Nations, Annual National Moot Court Competition. The Indian Qualifying Rounds for the 57th Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Competition-2016 was hosted by School of Law in partnership with Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai. School of Law cherishes an enviable tradition of presenting a Shakespearean drama – unabridged – every year. From 2012, the School of Law has been venturing into mega productions with script,music and dance entirely written, composed and created by students. The Shakespearean comedy 'Merchant of Venice' was produced in 2012 and in 2013 the Shakespearean tragedy 'Othello-The Moor of Venice.'
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The students of School of Law,Christ University have won various laurels in prestigious moot court competitions conducted at national and international levels. Some of the prominent achievements are:
- Winners of the 8th S P Sathe Memorial Moot Court Competition
- Best Advocate Award at the 8th S P Sathe Memorial Moot Court Competition
- Winners of the 3rd Amity International Moot Court Competition, 2013
- Winners of the 1st KIIT National Moot Court Competition 2013
- Shri. S. A Deshmukh Award for Best Mooter at the 13th M.P. Law College Moot Court Competition, 2013
- Manikchand Pahade Award for Best Speaker, 13th M.P. Law College Moot Court Competition, 2013
- Fourth Best Memorandum, Asia-Pacific Regional Rounds, Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Competition, 2013
- Winners, 3rd M.K. Nambyar Memorial Moot Court Competition, 2013
- Runners Up, Jamia Milia Islamia 4th National Moot Court Competition, 2013
- Runners Up, 13th M.P. Law College Moot Court Competition, 2013
- Runners Up, 19th M.C. Chagla Moot Court Competition, 2013
- Runners Up, Nirma University Connissance Extempore Moot Court Competition, 2013
- Runners Up of the Karnataka State Law University (KSLU) International Moot Court Competition 2013.
- Also won the Best Memorial prize and Best Gentleman Advocate of the Competition.
- Best Delegate Prize at the Rotary Indian International Model United Nations, Pune, Maharashtra held between 10–12 January 2014
- Won the Amity International Criminal Moot Court Competition 2014.
Research and Publications
The Journals and Publications Society of the School of Law prepares the Christ Law Journal which is published biannually. The Christ Law Journal is a peer reviewed law journal where law professors, students, and advocates make in-depth analyses of seminal questions of law pertaining to constitutional law, human rights, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution, criminal law, corporate law, interpretation of statutes, and so on.
|Law – India|
|India Today (2017)||5|
|The Week (2017)||28|
Consistently ranked amongst the top law institutions of the country alongside top National Law Universities, School of law, Christ University is amongst India's top institutions for the five year law degree & one year master of law degree. Overall, the law school was ranked 5th in India by 'India Today's "India's Best Colleges 2017: Law", and 28 in India by The Week's "Top Law Colleges In 2017".
- https://web.archive.org/web/20150814011827/http://www.christuniversity.in/School%20of%20Law/index.php?division=School%20of%20Law&dept=71. Archived from the original on 14 August 2015. Missing or empty
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 10 December 2008. Retrieved 25 October 2008.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "CHRIST UNIVERSITY". christuniversity.in. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "India's Best Colleges 2017: Law". India Today. 2017. Retrieved 25 June 2017.
- Singh, Abhinav (18 June 2017). "The Week - Hansa Research Best Colleges Survey 2017: Top Law Colleges - All India". The Week. Retrieved 8 September 2017.