School of the Holy Spirit
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|School of the Holy Spirit of Quezon City|
|F. Sotto St., BF Homes
Quezon City, Metro Manila
|Type||Private exclusive all-girls Catholic school|
"Veritas in Caritate"Truth in Love
|Founder||Saint Arnold Janssen|
|Grades||K to 12|
|Accreditation||PAASCU Level III|
|Yearbook||"The Dove" (Grade School) "Profile" (High School)|
School of the Holy Spirit of Quezon City or SHSQC is a private all-girls Catholic school located in BF Homes, Quezon City, Philippines. The school is run by the Missionary Sisters, Servants of the Holy Spirit, a congregation established by German saint, Arnold Janssen.
German diocesan priest, Father Arnold Janssen established three congregations dedicated to the work of evangelization: in 1875, the Society of the Divine Word, commonly called the SVD; in 1889, the Missionary Sisters, Servants of the Holy Spirit, and in 1896, the Missionary Sisters Servants of the Holy Spirit of Perpetual Adoration, commonly called the Pink Sisters. In 1912, the first S.Sp.S. came to the Philippines in Tayum, Abra, and later moved to Mendiola.
Holy Ghost College, at present College of the Holy Spirit, was founded in 1913 by the Missionary Sisters Servants of the Holy Spirit upon the invitation of Archbishop Jeremias Harty. It was first housed on Legarda Street and has branches in other parts of the Philippines.
From 1979 to 1981, the School of the Holy Spirit of Quezon City was a satellite school of the College of the Holy Spirit of Manila. It was established in accordance with the government's plan of "decongesting educational institutions to expand to the outskirts of Metro Manila area or nearby provinces". The cornerstone of the school was laid at Capitol Hills near interim Batasang Pambansa on May 20, 1978.
In 1979 the school offered Kindergarten up to 1st year High School. A new high school building was ready for occupancy in June 1981. SHS QC now offers Nursery up to Senior High School.
The Missionary Sisters Servants of the Holy Spirit (SSpS), the Sister Servants of the Holy Spirit of Perpetual Adoration or (SSpSAP, popularly known as "Pink Sisters"), also headed by a Filipina, Sister Cecilia Hocb are an international group of women numbering approximately 4,000 in 38 countries. The Society of the Divine Word or SVD was founded by Saint Arnold Janssen.
- Tricia Velasco-Catera - Partylist Representative (2016)
- Bernadette Herrera-Dy - Politician
- Katrina Saporsantos - Internationally acclaimed soprano, First Prize winner of Manhattan School of Music’s 2008 Eisenberg-Fried Concerto Competitio
- Sophia N. Lee - Grand Prize Winner, Scholastic Asian Book Awards 2014 for her story 'What things Mean'
- Nicole Curato, PhD (2000) - Sociologist, Professor, TOYM 2013 Awardee for Sociology
- Michele Gumabao - former DLSU Lady Spiker, MVP awardee and PBB 2014 Housemate
- Miriam Quiambao - Miss Universe 1999 1st runner up/ TV Personality
- Precious Hipolito - Former child actress, Newscaster, Politician
- Rica Peralejo - Actress
- Paula Peralejo - Actress
- Nina Corpuz - Radio/TV journalist and host
- Mickey Ferriols - Actress/Host
- Roxanne Barcelo (2001) - Singer/Actress
- Ala Paredes (2000) - VJ/TV personality
- Danica Sotto (2000) - Actress, daughter of Vic Sotto
- Bernadette Sembrano - Broadcaster
- Janice de Belen - Actress
- Regina de Vera - Theater Actress
- Hiyasmin Neri - Television Host, Actress
- Sarah Carlos - Actress, "Bea Bianca" in Pangako Sa'yo (2015)
- Lira Luis (1990) - Architect, multi-awarded
- Reese Lansangan - Singer-Songwriter
- Society of the Divine Word
- Missionary Sisters Servants of the Holy Spirit
- Holy Spirit School of Tagbilaran, sister school of SHSQC
- College of the Holy Spirit Manila
- College of the Holy Spirit of Tarlac
- "It's Official: Lira Luis is the Hottest Designer/Architect of 2011!".
- "Global Pinoys Led Landslide Win of Pinay Architect".
- "Women in Architecture and Design ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award Recipient: Lira Luis, AIA, Chicago, IL".
- "The ProPinoy Project:Filipino-American Architect Lira Luis wins first AIA Athena Young Professional Award".
- "2010 ATHENA LEADERSHIP AWARD RECIPIENTS".
- "From The Wall Street Journal".
- "Inquirer Global Nation:Pinay at the Cutting Edge".
- "World Construction Network:AIA selects recipients of first annual Women in Architecture and Design Athena Award".
- "i4design Magazine's Suite 16 Top Pick:The Organic Taliesin".
- "Green Living Magazine:Women Architects Take The Lead".
- "NeoCon World's Trade Fair Interviews Lira Luis at Take5 Forum".
- "Metropolis Magazine Runner-up Winner:A Place to Dock".
- "Tile of Spain Announces Winners of the 2011 Reign in Spain A&D, Lira Luis".
- "Filipino architect is National Geographic's Aspen Environment Forum scholar".
- "Lira Luis named Top 20 Under 40 in the USA".