This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Created by||Mark Gross|
|Alexa rank||10,726 (April 2014[update])|
|Launched||April 11, 2004|
School Loop is an online application that allows elementary school, middle school and high school students to view their grades online and communicate with teachers. It allows staff to upload a student's grades onto the Internet for immediate viewing. Current assignments and files may also be posted on School Loop, and a feature known as "drop box" allows students to electronically submit their work.
School Loop was created by Mark Gross, a school teacher and parent, together with Tom Burns, an engineer, as a tool used for grades and to check homework.
- Teachers can post homework for students, school announcements, and downloads.
- Course-specific information can be provided in a teacher's personal School Loop webpage.
- Students can see their homework assignments, school announcements and group discussions on School Loop.
- Both teachers and students can e-mail teachers through an internal email system known as LoopMail.
- The system provides a calendar for assignment due dates. Students can also store files in a digital locker for later use.
- Groups can be formed by students, with the permission of a teacher or a staff member.
- Parents can sign up to keep track of their child's progress and check homework, assignments, and grades.
- Students can discuss assignments with other students and teachers through assignment discussions.
- Parents may sign up for their own School Loop account, and they can receive daily emails about their child's grade and may contact the teachers.
School Loop maintains an internal email system, "LoopMail". Users can send e-mail to other School Loop users. If a user sends a LoopMail message to another user, the LoopMail is sent to the recipient's inbox and the recipient receives a notification in their regular e-mail inbox.
- "Schoolloop.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "SchoolLoop.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 2016-12-03.