|Location||8 Northumberland Street, Alnmouth, Northumberland, England|
The Schooner Hotel & Bar is a Grade II listed 17th century coaching inn and hotel located at 8 Northumberland Street in the coastal village of Alnmouth, Northumberland, England. The hotel lies on the main High Street and is recognizable by its whitewashed walls and black painted shutters. In the 19th century the 32-room hotel had a considerable reputation with a clientele of people such as Charles Dickens, John Wesley, Basil Rathbone, and King George III of England.
The Schooner Hotel became a Grade II listed building on 31 December 1969. It is a whitewashed building with black shutters, originally built in the 17th century. It was extended in the early 19th century and again towards the end of the 19th century. It is built from tooled squared stone, three storeys high (excluding the cellar), and has 5 + 3 bays. The older section on the left has half-glazed doors with from the 20th century with an old segmental-headed arch at right end. The roof is made from Welsh slate roof, with 2 chimney stacks rebuilt in yellow brick.
- Woodworth, David; Hobbs, Guy (January 2006). Summer Jobs Britain: Including Vacation Traineeships. Vacation Work. p. 252. ISBN 978-1-85458-344-4. Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- Watson, Godfrey (1976). Northumberland villages. Hale. ISBN 978-0-7091-5548-5. Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- Burke, John (1 January 1986). AA 250 tours of Britain: maps and easy-to-follow route instructions for day and weekend drives through England, Wales and Scotland, with descriptions of the natural wonders and man-made attractions to be seen on the way. Automobile Association (Great Britain), Reader's Digest Association, Drive Publications. ISBN 978-0-903356-35-0. Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "Schooner Inn". Haunted Hotel Guide. Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "The Schooner Hotel, Almouth". British Listed Buildings. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- Millar, Aaron. "Hauntingly good hotels". Express.co.uk. Northern and Shell Media Publications. Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- "Spectral six-year-old made my blood run cold!". northumberlandgazette.co.uk. Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- "The Schooner Hotel, Alnmouth". Northumberland Gazette. 14 February 2008. Retrieved 4 July 2011.