Schrunk Township, Burleigh County, North Dakota
|Schrunk Township, North Dakota|
|• Total||34.38 sq mi (89.0 km2)|
|• Land||32.66 sq mi (84.6 km2)|
|• Water||1.72 sq mi (4.5 km2)|
|Elevation||1,939 ft (591 m)|
|• Density||0.8/sq mi (0.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1759345|
Schrunk Township was first listed as a school township during the 1910 Census, with a population of 120. It was named after brothers Charlie and George Schrunk, early settlers from Iowa who moved to the area in 1893. The first school was built in 1903. A second schoolhouse was constructed in 1908, and operated until 1957 when the school district was consolidated with nearby Wing.
- U.S. Census Bureau. Census 2000, Summary File 1. "GCT-PH1. Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2000 - County -- Subdivision and Place". American FactFinder. <http://factfinder2.census.gov>. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Census Bureau. Census 2000. "Census Demographic Profiles, Schrunk Township" (PDF). CenStats Databases. Retrieved 2009-01-31.[dead link]
- U.S. Census Bureau (2010). "Incorporated Places and Minor Civil Divisions: North Dakota" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. Retrieved 2010-06-22.
- U.S. Census Bureau (1913). "Number of Inhabitants, North Dakota" (PDF). Thirteenth Census of the United States: 1910. Government Printing Office. Retrieved 2008-07-20.
- Bismarck-Mandan Genealogical and Historical Society (1978). Bauman, Beth Hughes and Dorothy J. Jackaman, ed. Burleigh County: Prairie Trails to Hi-Ways. Dallas, Texas: Taylor Publishing Co. p. 499. OCLC 4478394.
- U.S. Census Bureau (1921). "Number and Distribution of Inhabitants, North Dakota" (PDF). Fourteenth Census of the United States: 1920. Government Printing Office. Retrieved 2008-07-20.
- U.S. Census Bureau (1981). "Number of Inhabitants, North Dakota" (PDF). 1980 Census of Population and Housing. Government Printing Office. Retrieved 2008-07-20.