|Neighborhood of the Bronx|
The Herbert H. Lehman High School over the Hutchinson River Parkway in Schuylerville
Location in New York City
|City||New York City|
|Community District||Bronx 10|
|• Total||1.77 km2 (0.682 sq mi)|
|• Density||6,800/km2 (18,000/sq mi)|
|• Median income||$87,253|
|ZIP codes||10461, 10465|
|Area code||718, 347, 929, and 917|
Schuylerville (nicknamed "Skyville") is a middle-class neighborhood located in the East Bronx area of New York City. Housing is mostly single-family and two-family houses. It is located next to other middle-to-upper class residential neighborhoods of Country Club and Pelham Bay.
Schuylerville is a small enclave situated between Bruckner Expressway and Hutchinson River Parkway, with suburban style and it is a predominantly Italian neighborhood with small Hispanic and black population. Saint Raymond's Cemetery, Bronx is in the southwestern part. Since the rise of the housing market, the neighborhood has seen various luxury developments, including luxury condos and new construction two-family houses.
Officially, it is considered part of the Throggs Neck section of the East Bronx. However, it is closer to and associated with the Pelham Bay and Country Club sections of the Bronx. One of the largest public parks in New York City, Pelham Bay Park, is located nearby, as well as Orchard Beach.
Schuylerville has a population of around 10,121 people and according to 2012 figures it had a median household income of $68,943 compared to $32,893 for the whole Bronx borough. The population is around 45% White, 45% Hispanic, with the rest being a mix of Blacks & Asians.
- Bx5: to Pelham Bay Park or Simpson Street station (via Story Avenue)
- Bx8: to 225th Street station or Locust Point (via Williamsbridge Road)
- Bx40/42: to Morris Heights or Throggs Neck (via Tremont-Burnside Avenues)
- Q50: to Flushing, Queens or Co-op City
- "NYC Planning | Community Profiles". communityprofiles.planning.nyc.gov. New York City Department of City Planning. Retrieved March 3, 2018.
- "Schuylerville neighborhood in New York". Retrieved October 17, 2015.
- "Mapping the 2010 U.S. Census". The New York Times. Retrieved October 17, 2015.
- "Bronx Bus Map" (PDF). Metropolitan Transportation Authority. September 2017. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- "Subway Map" (PDF). Metropolitan Transportation Authority. January 18, 2018. Retrieved January 18, 2018.
|This article about a location in The Bronx, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|