Schuylkill Transportation System
|Slogan||We're here to get you there|
|Headquarters||252 Industrial Park Road
St. Clair, Pennsylvania
|Service area||Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania|
|Stations||Union Station South Centre Street, Pottsville, PA|
Schuylkill Transportation System or STS is a public transportation service located in Pottsville, Pennsylvania. It provides inter-city bus and paratransit service to select communities within Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania.
The system was created by the Schuylkill County Board of Commissioners, replacing service on the recently defunct service at the time of the East Penn Transportation Company.
Most routes operate on a hub and spoke system out of Pottsville, with a secondary hub located in Shenandoah. Many services operate Monday through Friday, however, fewer trips operate Saturdays, with no service on Sundays and major holidays.
- 10- Shenandoah-Pottsville
- 14- Pottsville-Port Carbon/St. Clair (Saturdays only)
- 20- Pottsville-Minersville
- 30- Pottsville-Schuylkill Haven
- 40- Pottsville-Middleport
- 45- Pottsville-McAdoo
- 51- Shenandoah-Mahanoy City
- 52- Shenandoah-Ashland
- 100- Pottsville Loop
- 100A- Pottsville Quick Route
STS implemented a base fare, paid upon boarding the bus. The base fare may vary, with a full fare for adults, and reduced fare for children between the ages of nine and twelve. Children under eight years of age, and senior aged adults over the age of sixty-five are eligible to ride for free, with senior fares subsidized by the Pennsylvania State Lottery Program.
In addition, passengers are eligible to transfer between buses for a reduced fee compared to the base fare.
The STS fleet operates with Gillig brand buses in their Phantom and BRT series models for conventional transit service, with smaller cutaway vans used in their lower patronized service, and ADA accessible paratransit service.
Connections to other agencies
Additionally, long distance bus service connections are available to Susquehanna Trailways bus service in Shenandoah, Frackville, Mahanoy City and Hometown; and to Fullington Trailways bus service in Pottsville.
- "STS - Milestones". Schuylkill Transportation System. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "STS - Milestones". Schuylkill Transportation System. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "STS - Bus Schedules". Schuylkill Transportation System. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- Fares and Additional Information. Schuylkill Transportation System. 2011.
- "McAdoo / Kelayres Bus Route". Hazleton Public Transit. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- Lower Antracite Transportation System - Route 1 Schedule. December 3, 2012.
- "Schedule Routes - Susquehanna Trailways". Susquehanna Trailways. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "Harrisburg - Scranton run". Fullington Tours. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
|This article related to bus transportation in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transportation in Pennsylvania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|